The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

New Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmspick

Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
OK so I have a friend who thinks his motor is out in his car. ( i havent been over to check it for sure) it is a 95 talon tsi. Anyways he syas he is going to get a motor from this tiger japanese place. Tiger Japanese - Home

I dont think this is a good place to get a motor. I think there are better sources out there. So one tell me what you think of tiger then two if you know of any other places to get a motor.

Thanks

What is wrong with his engine?Cant he rebuild it with all that money, even less?
I thinks it is way too expensive. Locally i can get a 1997 4g63 engine for $400 and physically look at it in person.

Rebuilding the motor will probably cost him half of the money he will spend importing a motor from tiger. We have used them on several occasions and never had any problems. You might inform him that for around the same price he can get a built shortblock from theDSMgraveyard.com and just use all of his stock parts to bolt on it.

I have physically been to this place in Toronto and they have some good shit. I havnt seen any of their dsm motors in cars but i know people who have bought engines from these guys with no problems.

Not to mention they always have sweet cars there.

Of course, different types of "engine going out" costs different amounts to rebuild. Exhaust smoke screens from broken rings and pistons or bad turbo seals are one thing. Holes in the side of the block are quite another.

Plus if it's a daily driver, a second engine to swap straight in is probably prefered to waiting for a rebuild.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back