The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New G4CS time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Well after 8 years on the same off the shelf wiseco pistons, and eagle H beam rods cylinder 3 piston finally got tired. Looks like the cylinder got hot, but not exactly sure since all the plugs looked fine after the pass. Sucks I have no datalogs to look up since aem didnt log it. I cant wait to get it apart and see how it all held up to 700+hp at the crank on pump gas.

Setup went from a 5spd, to a auto. Gt4294- 2.4, basic built 2.4. Just wiseco/eagle combo with factory main bolts, and arp standard head studs. Looking to try to get this turbo going off the foot brake a little better. I am using a 40 shot on the converter which go it going real fast, but wanna try to get it done without it.

There is so many options out there, but I narrowed it down to keeping the 2.4. I have a spare un touched G4CS so I will most likely be using that with the factory bore.

But the only other options now is piston/rods. I am kinda set on the Long rod 2.4, and going with around 9.5:1 compression. So assuming that route it would be a Pauter X beam with a Ross piston.

I seen they have Lightweight versions of the Pauter X beams, which trying to save some weight in a 2.4 bottom end you wanna rev to 9k or so.

Any opinions from people that can go in depth with this will be great. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back