The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

New Fuel Cell

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky1987

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2011
wellington, Ohio
I was replacing the rear brake lines and all the fuel lines and noticed that my factory gas tank was starting to seep around all the seams and the drain and getting some nasty rust spots on it I decided it was time to use some aluminum I had laying around. Its going to be 16 gallons and once I get the top finished its going to make it support the factory sending unit. And its going to bolt in just like the factory gas tank too.

Attachments

• 2012-04-23_18-31-36_339.jpg
    2012-04-23_18-31-36_339.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 93
I was wondering why this picture was added to the gallery.
But it has no caption.So you might want to edit that.

Your going to make a 16 gallon fuel cell.That seems kind of odd,but a very nice replacement fuel tank.Can't wait to see it finished.

With the materials I had laying around and with the area under the car where the factory tank goes and the depth needed for the factory sending unit I came up with what's pictured. That and I also wanted to be able to go cruise or even drive it to a friday night test and tune and be able to make some passes and drive home.

Still got a few things left to do but its almost done. I like the way it looks back there.

Attachments

• 2012-05-02_21-21-04_519.jpg
    2012-05-02_21-21-04_519.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 2012-05-01_19-33-15_383.jpg
    2012-05-01_19-33-15_383.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 67
I didn't take any pictures of the baffles surprisingly and as for materials cost the bulk of the materials came from a project aa buddy of mine started and never finished I traded a couple of side mount intercoolers for and the rest I had laying around in the garage. I priced it out originally and it was about 250-300 just for materials.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back