The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need pictures of differences between 90 and91+ components

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm_Roulette

Probationary Member
Aug 27, 2015
Lancaster, California
I have read a ton of threads on the differences of these parts,but I still have no clue how to tell them apart. I.E. If I'm looking at 91+ or 90 CAS for instance.

My problem is I have a 90 GSX, recently put a ton of parts from a running 90 Tsi including the computer (MD145902) with dsm link, and my car will not start. Just cranks and cranks.

My OE computer will start the car instantly, but has no factory stickers on it,so I have no way of knowing if the previous owner did a 91+ ecu swap and all the applicable modification going with it, hence why I need to know what I'm looking at.

Any help would be really helpful;thanks

dsmlink told me when I used a 90 ecu in a 91 I need to swap pin 6 and 14 on the harness. I am also moving all my parts from a 90 to a 91 and I can tell you like everything is different. lots of different connections. if you have any questions you can pm me.

Yea, I know a lot of things are different and I have no idea if my car has been converted already or not, I just know she doesn't like the 90 computer or it took a dump

It would be more beneficial for you to post pics of what you have. On the ecu, open the case and take a pic of the board and white plastic portion where the harness connectors go. Same goes for your CAS. The other option if you instant answers is an image search on Google.

Does the "4477" reference E2T4477? Is that a 90 ecu?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 143
So the computers are the same, just one has dsm link and won't run. The plot thickens. I've read there is no way the computer loses its tune on the 1gs when power is absent, so basicly I'm lost as to what happened.

The board you showed doesn't have DSMLink, it's got a Jet aftermarket EPROM. Is this the one that doesn't work?

You can see the capacitor leakage corrosion that wasn't taken care of when the caps were changed. It's also missing the heatsink for the transistors that should be right next to the white connector.

The one pictures is the one that does work that I needed to know if it was a 90 or post 90 ecu because my other one with dsm link is a MD145902 (same as pictured just with link) and does not work.I had thought someone had converted to the newer ecu but I was wrong and now idk what's going on. I can post pictures of the link ecm this evening to see if you can spot damage.

This is my dsm link ecu that has the no start condition.

Got my new cable today and connected to my dsm dsm link, every injector was shut off and I have no idea why. Anyway, it runs now so thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 106
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back