The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need New Turbo, Blew my 16g. Input please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sven97GSX

Probationary Member
Feb 21, 2006
Mahopac, New_York
Well after 75,XXX miles my 16g took a dump on me. I feel its time for me to go bigger or get rid of the car.

I'm willing to replace the turbo and injectors. I want to keep my SAFC. What set up (turbo + injectors) should I run to get a little more "oompf" out of my GSX while still using the SAFC to tune? I currently have 550s but i assume I need to go slightly bigger?

I have a large front mount sitting in the garage which woulda brought me up to ~290 whp on the set up i had. I couldnt go more then 250whp cus of the stock intercooler (used to try to keep the car a sleeper, no longer care about that). So with the front mount + new turbo + new injectors I would love to be able to lay 350 whp. HELP! LOL

Well most people would tell you that you can't really control anything higher then 650's with the SAFC, so you don't have much wiggle room there. But you could definitely upgrade just to an evo3 16g with 650's and probably make that ~350 goal.

you did not say anything about money being an issue so im not sure if what i am about to offer is to expensive but if it was me i would go with a bb 50 trim like slowboy sells bolts on spools arguably better than 16g and makes almost 400 with the mods you have. as for injectors i have a friend with 1000's on his afc but he has maft also but i have seen several 720cc cars on afc grab those and the 50 trim you will make the number no problem with the 16g it is a lot harder to make 350 i could never do it with a evo3 but some have. just my 2 cents.

Willing to spend roughly another 2g. dont really want to exceed that.

If i go with something like : This

where can I get a new exhaust mani with external WG? These are direct bolt on the the O2 housing I have correct?

If I was going to spend 2,000 dollars on a turbo then I'd look into the FP 3065...they're 1500 and are capable of 500whp. You'd have fun! Then again, after that you'd definitely need bigger injectors and a different way to tune. So yeah, go with a 50 trim. PTE has good ones as wel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back