The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Need help with Intercooler Piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phardo

Proven Member
Jan 8, 2016
compton, California
Hello Dsm World,

I'm in need of guidance. I'm currently finishing my 2.3L stoker and I am having issues with my intercooler piping. I currently have a VSRF FMIC. my set up consist of a s90 70mm throttle body and a forward facing exhaust manifold with a 6466 Precision turbo. The current piping I have is too short, so I bought an intercooler pipe of a fellow dsmer but it doens't bolt on directly. I am having issues with the side motor mount. Is there any one here that can fabricate me one, preferably 3" piping.

Attachments

• dsm.jpg
    dsm.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 144
That VRSF unit is only a 2.5" setup, isn't it? Smaller tube will go into places a 3" cant.
Show us a picture of where the issue is at. That would be very helpful.

I would try and find a local place to make you a pipe. Asking a freelancer or vendor to make you one and hope it fits seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Can always go to the hardware store and mock up whatever bend(s) you need with pcv pipe and take it to a welding shop. I've done this with exhaust and intake/intercooler piping in the past and its turned out really good for me.

Why dont you just weld or use a coupler to add onto the current piping?
It's hard to find someone that welds aluminum. I will add a coupler like you suggested. Do you think I will have performance issues if the intercooler piping from the throttle body is 3" and the on that goes to the turbo is 2.5"

It's hard to find someone that welds aluminum. I will add a coupler like you suggested. Do you think I will have performance issues if the intercooler piping from the throttle body is 3" and the on that goes to the turbo is 2.5"

No I don't think that will cause any issues.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back