The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Need help with idle & 2150s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will try doing that later today Marty sorry I was trying to calibrate my MAF just now.

Not sure if I should start another thread. But I'm having trouble calibrating my MAF and I figure I can put it up here.

I have another log where I try to calibrate it using this article:
http://www.jeffgst.com/gmafcalibration1.html

On my log, at the 853.2 second mark, you can see that I go WOT but I can't even make it to 5k rpm because I start to go very lean. This made me nervous so I just backed off of it. Anyone know why this is? I figure this still has to do with getting my injectors dialed in which is why I post it up on here. I'm supposed to be able to get info from 5000-5500 rpm but it just didn't feel right pushing it past the point where I really felt the car going lean.
I'm on stock wastegate pressure of my evo3 16g turbo btw.

I would play with my fuel sliders in that lean area and really richen it up and do another log as a test.

I will try that. Car is acting stupid again. Idk what is going on. One minute its acting awesome and now the car idles super lean (18-19 afr) and shuts off on it's own. I can't even get it to start now :banghead:

No vacuum leaks, right?

Also, not sure if it helps but I see that on my afpr gauge, the teflon tape around the thread is discolored so I believe there's a leak.

Not only that, but for some reason I'm worried that after my walbro 450 install, the o-ring that goes into the feed tube might not be sealing correctly which may be causing a leak and this could be the reason why I am possibly going lean when i go WOT??

I'm not sure, I'm just throwing it out there in case anyone else may know if this may be one of the causes for my symptoms.

Shoot guys, my log never posted! I'm sorry about that. Here's the log I was referring to when going WOT. It starts at the 853.2 second mark

Attachments

• log.2018.07.23-01 WOT clbrt.elg
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 46
Take the hood off, grab your best friend (or worst enemy), have them sit on the engine while you do a WOT pull and they can watch your fuel pressure to see if it is or isn't rising with boost.......OMG
Well, maybe thats a bad idea. Need a way to monitor fuel pressure if you believe the oring may not be sealing or open her back up and make sure. Might explain some of the weird issues.

Take the hood off, grab your best friend (or worst enemy), have them sit on the engine while you do a WOT pull and they can watch your fuel pressure to see if it is or isn't rising with boost.......OMG
Well, maybe thats a bad idea. Need a way to monitor fuel pressure if you believe the oring may not be sealing or open her back up and make sure. Might explain some of the weird issues.
Haha seriously Marty that is my dilemma. I am 90% sure now that this is the issues honestly.
Source 1: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/wideband-reading-lean-at-wot.486120/page-2

Source 2 for my solution: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/o-ring-on-fuel-pump.475316/

Source 3 for the reason why I think this is the problem. I was actually warned:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/walbro-450-install.437144/page-2#post-153691741

Ok I have reviewed all of those and that Toyota seal appears to be a good solution. Mine is a 1g so I just cut the "bell" off of the fuel pump feed tube and clamped my hose to the straight line that was left and went on my way.....
Love 1g's LOL.

Stupid 2g :banghead:

I REALLY hope this isn't gonna cause me to have to re-do this entire dialing in my injectors process. It's been an absolute PITA

I dont think it will. Get the pressure to rise accordingly and I bet she reacts alot better.
You should be pretty good at dialin in those injectors man...:applause:

UPDATE: I replaced the seal with a Toyota seal and used like 4 o-rings as a shim to keep the seal pushed up into the feed tube of the sending unit. That seemed to have solved my running lean issue at WOT! I just haven't tuned my car for WOT yet or been messing with it enough to make sure it doesn't have that issue.

Question 1: Is it normal for the fuel pressure to bounce a little when the car is idling? This is with my walbro 450 and 2150cc injectors of course. It'll maybe bounce 2-3 psi or so at the most but hover in the same area during idle. It may be because my idle isn't like stock either.

Question 2: I seem to be having an issue with the car being a little jerky at low rpms when moving from a stop or rolling through one at very low speed (I know, bad habit). It really bugs me because it wasn't doing that before. If this is in the tune, what can I do to solve this? If it's anything else, please offer suggestions. It feels like it's not getting enough fuel or something which in turn causes it to buck a little until a higher rpm (maybe 1.3k or so) and then smooths itself out. Very irritating.

The pulsing of the fuel pressure is caused by the injectors opening & closing & the quick pressure releasing during the open/close injector event. As far as the low RPM bucking, this is most likely in the tuning. I have my theories but I run a different standalone. Look into the ECU for cycling in & out of idle mode & the TPS adjustment.

The pulsing of the fuel pressure is caused by the injectors opening & closing & the quick pressure releasing during the open/close injector event. As far as the low RPM bucking, this is most likely in the tuning. I have my theories but I run a different standalone. Look into the ECU for cycling in & out of idle mode & the TPS adjustment.

So does the first issue that you addressed need to be fixed? Or is this perfectly normal??

My TPS is adjusted pretty dang close. If you look at my last log I think you can see. I can also post up a log of doing several stop and go's and maybe that will help? I think my idle switch is working just fine as well. But I WILL look into it just to be absolutely positive! Thank you.

If your TPS is calibrated correctly, just simulate idle from TPS. Smoothed my idle a lot.

Yes I did that. I am simulating idle from the TPS. I'm running a 1g nt throttle body but with a 2g tps. I have my offset set at 0 but at a 103% scale because this was as close as I could get when manually adjusting my tps. This shouldn't be causing the low throttle issues though.

Please use threads for the initial topic only. If someone goes to search for that code and sees a topic of 2150 idle issues, they might not look in there.
That's actually what I ended up doing. Posted that issue on another thread. Forgot to delete my post though. I'll try doing that right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back