The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need help with idle. First timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apedog

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2009
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
So ive been reading as much as I can about ecmlink and how to tune but I have a problem now.

I have a 1g automatic with PTE 680cc injectors and a walbro 190lph. and I cannot get the car to even idle right. I read that my deadtime is basically how I add or take out fuel for injectors right? I found that 310 is the deadtime for these injectors but when I put that in the car will not even idle by itself, like I have to keep my foot on the gas to keep the car running. My global is -34.8. My fuel pressure is 38 and no I do not have an fpr. I had the deadtime set at 700 but that is the only way it will even idle and I know that isnt right.

I am running dsmlinkv2 in v3 software.
Can anyone help me:rolleyes:

I dont even have idle surge. The problem is the car wont run with the right setting but if I put the wrong setting it runs fine but throws everything else out of wack LOL

Here is a log with the deadtime set at 705. It should be 310 im pretty sure

Attachments

• log.2011.12.30-12.elg
    6 KB · Views: 34
Im not an expert in this as i am really new at doing this. Your running very rich.
First try to get you ISC to a good position (30)... Your aimed idle is at 850 and your steady at 800.

then get your Airflowperrev up to around .25 ... Readjust your MAFcomp as its reading to low.. Id 0 it all out first.

That should bring your CombineFT up a little. but try to get it around +/- 1%.. Add deadtime to lower, remove to raise it.

Put your MAF Clamp back to stock.

Im no expert... but that is just what i would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back