The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Help with tuning Bosch 2150s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had them in the box for 6 years. Then finally installed them. Dealt with the problems for 2 years.. saving you a lifetime.. not worth the headache.
Also, I will gladly have you know that I just got some conclusive results from a very detailed (and expensive) test done by FIC themselves which concluded the injectors are 100% totally fine. This boils down to them just being too large for my setup.

EDIT: These results came back as of 10 minutes ago btw LOL

That is probably the case but I am a little stubborn :shhh:ROFL. Thanks for sharing the info!!

What is your setup? Also, we may have figured out what it all boils down to specifically so hang tight. This could come in a matter of days to weeks.. :D

I will. Actually bumped up the fuel pressure and I’m hopeful. Finally was able to get a wot pull but I’m at my buddies so I’ll post a log later

You might want to adjust your battery injector voltage, if your going lean at a certain point you might just need to bump that up a little, I had to tweak my 1650’s a little at idle when no other fuel adjustment would work

This is literally just the response I was given by FIC. I don't want to get into anymore details on what it SPECIFICALLY boils down to until the theory is tested and confirmed. It's just hearsay at this point.

But, to give it to you this way, I had my global set to -77.7 which was optimal for my setup and compensated for anything that could contribute to the injectors flowing JUST a little bit off of what the calculator does for you. This is only because every set of injectors with every setup flow a LITTLE differently.

Everything worked great as far as idle. Fuel trims were perfect. But the second I go into WOT, I'd go extremely lean, which caused a WB factor of 40%!
And then it would just go back on track again. This resulted in the oddest AFR wave then you just shouldn't see. So, just as an experiment, I took global down to -70. Did another pull on a separate day. That wave was still there, just not as dramatic. Yet, it was still demanding 13% more fuel! However, huge negative fuel trims at idle too. Basically, all this did was help the wave a little where it demanded more fuel, but made everything else stupid rich..
And my wot pull looked like trash. It's like my wideband couldn't make up it's mind. Starts off lean, then goes rich, then lean again. This was throughout the pull.

If you're having these issues, then I can tell you it's not the injectors are the problem here. This has been proved by very detailed/expensive testing by FIC. But it could pertain to your setup. Exactly WHAT part of the setup? Well, that's what I'm waiting confirmation on. Bare with me here... It's painful, I know.

Here's an update.

Installed 525 pump and also bumped up my base fuel pressure to roughly 50psi but didn't change any settings in link. Just wanted to see what happens. It finally drives alright for the most part, still have extreme lean condition at certain load & throttle position (I'll have to go through the log and see if I can make adjustments to ve table once I get the global). By far this is the best as far as drivability goes. Also was finally able to get a wot pull on wg pressure.

You might want to adjust your battery injector voltage, if your going lean at a certain point you might just need to bump that up a little, I had to tweak my 1650’s a little at idle when no other fuel adjustment would work

Jeremy, from what I understand, that is basically deadtime and some use it and some don't. I have played with those settings before that Marty and a couple of other member provided, but it really didn't help much. Not sure if it will once I have the correct global.

Here's a log if anyone wants to take a look. The wot was taken from the FullLog.

Attachments

• WOT.elg
    14 KB · Views: 35
  • FullLog.elg
    252.6 KB · Views: 24
Bosch 210
Are a Pita
I have ones , and from my research and kevin jewer inputs AND advices they tends to have an issue at part throtle.

They do have part throttle lean condition that’s a pita.

Huge thanks to @ist dwa for helping me tune this thing. He did a great job and I can’t thank him enough. Sucks that my wg was stuck open and we couldn’t make more jam.

Thanks all for the input and also huge thanks to @gofer for his help!!

I was happy to help. Link is easy to tune, especially when the car is mechanically sounds as yours.

Change the rev limit to 8K, get to 30 psi, and add as much timing as possible !!!

Will do once I fix this stupid wg :banghead:. Thanks again man!!

For the most part. He was able to tune out that gigantic lean condition when you first go wot. It still does at part throttle and looking over the log today, it does this when the map sensor and boostest are off in vacuum. Not sure if this IS what’s causing it but that seems to be when that lean condition happens.

Looking at your log. The speed density table needs some help. The timing table is smooth but i worry about how much timing maybe be in it at peak TQ when you turn the boost up. A swell in the upper load cells you have it targeting the same 13 deg the hole way. I normally scale each row so that way as you go up in gears the car is hitting less aggressive timing. Why is the timing set so soft in the cruise area of the map?

Looking at your log. The speed density table needs some help. The timing table is smooth but i worry about how much timing maybe be in it at peak TQ when you turn the boost up. A swell in the upper load cells you have it targeting the same 13 deg the hole way. I normally scale each row so that way as you go up in gears the car is hitting less aggressive timing. Why is the timing set so soft in the cruise area of the map?

It was tuned on 93 at 16psi for MinOct table and wastegate was stuck open so we couldn't raise boost. Should have my O2 housing back this week. Once it's back together, I'll be adding some sauce and adjust maxoct timing table.

Pretty sure one of my injectors was sticking. Got it unstuck and afrs are steady now

Im between FIC 2150s and the Bosch 2200 right now only because I can get the Bosch injectors brand new for half the cost of the FICs. Doesnt seem like theyre worth the savings tho?

Im between FIC 2150s and the Bosch 2200 right now only because I can get the Bosch injectors brand new for half the cost of the FICs. Doesnt seem like theyre worth the savings tho?

From what I understand, FIC and other injector companies use the same body. Others seem to not have issues. I bought a used set from someone on ECMlink forum and one was stuck open. Got a refund and ordered a new set that I shipped directly to FIC for testing which came back fine. But it's been a PITA since day one and I noticed it got worse. When I rebuilt my motor and started it back up, it was only running on 3 cylinders. Found one was stuck closed. It didn't have many miles on it, guessing about 1000 miles. But maybe FIC modifies them??? Theirs does come with an aluminum body whereas Bosch uses a plastic body.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back