The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Need help on setting up Innovate MTX-L Wideband

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFC_CiarlilloM

10+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2011
Euclid, Ohio
Okay, So I have a 1996 Eclipse GSX w/ the Evo 8 ECU swap. I just have a quick question regarding setting up an Innovate MTX-L wideband sensor. It has to deal with the yellow, and brown wires. I want to link the MTX-L wideband to EvoScan so the AFR readings will show in my logs. I will be having the bung welded between the upstream, and downstream oxygen sensors, roughly around the flex pipe area on the downpipe. What ECU pins do I wire the brown, and yellow wires to? Thanks

-Mike

I'd recommend putting the bung before the flex section.

You'll run the yellow wire to whatever input you'd like. So if you don't plan on using the rear o2 sensor, you will run the yellow wire into pin 75. Here's a list of available inputs.
externalsensorinput [ECMTuning - wiki]

The brown wire is the narrowband sim wire, so it won't go anywhere unless you need to use that feature.

Thanks for the help, and it is before the flex section! I hooked it up today, but I rushed through the installation before work. I only hooked up the power, and ground as I thought that was bare minimum, but I only got a ready of either 7, or 22. I know I rushed through it but I don't think my ground or power was off and I believe I calibrated it correctly. Is the yellow wire required inorder for the gauge to work correctly? I'll recheck my wiring and recalibrate it in the morning as well.

After checking the owners manual online, I think I may have only partly completely calibrating it properly. I'll go over it tomorrow. Am I able to splice into the rear oxygen sensor, and have both the rear oxygen sensor, and wideband wired into the ECU?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back