The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Need help identifying my talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon W

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2019
Melbourne, Florida
So I recently purchased what was supposed to be a 98 however I have been told several things are not right about my car and I am trying to figure out what happened. The door sticker says manufactured Oct 2017. The title reads a 98 eagle talon. Vins on dash plate and door sticker match the title. Also car fax lists vin as 98. However it has come to my attention that the car should have side door moldings and shouldn’t have a black dash. And has the wrong side skirts. Any help or information is appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• talon.jpg
    talon.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 106
What's on the title and the VIN matching it are what matters, so I would go by that. The doors could've been replaced or had the moldings shaved. Black dashes and side skirts are commonly swapped out. The date of manufacture is just that, the date it was built. New model years come out before the beginning of that year i.e a 98 model year car would be in production and start hitting dealers before the end of 97. My 97 talon was built in October of 1996.

Swapping a VIN to another chassis is doable, but I wouldn't suspect that's the case with your car just going by the color of the dash and the trim discrepancies. If you give the VIN to the guy that does the 2gb talon registry he'll be able to tell you everything about it.

Last edited:
Here is my door sticker

Thanks for the help so far. Just searched for the registry guy and found my car in his list. By that dash is correct color so just looks like some exterior mods.

Attachments

• 6A1FB77F-24A2-4975-AA56-6A9CCA7D70AC.jpeg
    6A1FB77F-24A2-4975-AA56-6A9CCA7D70AC.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 110
  • reg_talons.jpg
    reg_talons.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Not all 2g came with black dash, generally only 99' for Eclipse and I'm not sure on the Talon, but I can assure you that not all of them were made in black, some were grey and some tan and even some blue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back