The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Need help. Car wont run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IansRedTalon

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2005
Beloit, Wisconsin
Just got my 1992 N/T talon back from the exhaust shop and on the way home the car just died. Left the car in a parking lot and when i came back later that night it fired right up.
Couple days later it wont start at all.

Error codes show mass air and fuel pump. However fuel pump is good. Pulled the ECU to find one of the capacitors leaking and a lot of corrision on the board. Replaced ECU with a new one. Attempt to start car. No luck. No error codes on new ecu.

Car has good spark, and the fuel pump is working. However the car doesnt seem to be getting gas and the fuel pump is turning off 7 seconds after the key is turned on.

Dont know what to do. Im at a loss. Any ideas?

IansRedTalon said:
Just got my 1992 N/T talon back from the exhaust shop and on the way home the car just died. Left the car in a parking lot and when i came back later that night it fired right up.
Couple days later it wont start at all.

Error codes show mass air and fuel pump. However fuel pump is good. Pulled the ECU to find one of the capacitors leaking and a lot of corrision on the board. Replaced ECU with a new one. Attempt to start car. No luck. No error codes on new ecu.

Car has good spark, and the fuel pump is working. However the car doesnt seem to be getting gas and the fuel pump is turning off 7 seconds after the key is turned on.

Dont know what to do. Im at a loss. Any ideas?
clogged fuel filter? your maf is connected? also it could be a bad fuel injection control relay if it goes bad it will prevent power to the fuel pump :dsm:

tried all three..replaced the fuel filter. the maf is connected and the fuel injection relay tested out fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back