The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need fuel system help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopefully it fixes your leak, did you also check the torque on your cam caps while you had the valve cover off just to make sure everything was to spec?
I dont have torque wrench but yes i did tighten that one part by the sensor down just a lil bit more than it was. i was careful to not over tighten. it did fix all the oil leaks but my car is still running the same so im going to pull the cam sensor off when i get home and see if there is any oil in there.

check out your map sensor my car was acting similar and the map fixed it

check out your map sensor my car was acting similar and the map fixed it
ill try that out hopefully that will fix it.

I drove my car around today cause i couldnt really tell if the oil was leakin when i checked it during the night time. When i got back from the quick cruise i saw oil all over the place again :cry: and there was oil where the cam sensor is fml. Im starting to think my head is warped or something!?!?!?! idk y its doin that i put the vc gasket on perfectly. it totally blows seeing oil all over my super clean engine and bay

You know the half moon piece on the side of the head? That can cause oil to leak. Also if you did the valve cover gasket it needs to be torqued down not just tightened to what feels right. Has to be torqued and in sequence. If your head was warped it would be leaking coolant too not oil and that would be obvious. Clean everything up and start your car, Rev It up under the hood till you see where it's coming from.

i found the culprit LOL. I took my vc off again and cleaned the crap out of the surface and the gasket. I also took the end cap off the exhaust cam and put black silicone under it,I borrowed a torque wrench from my buddy and went to torque it down to 21 ft lbs and one of the bolts wouldnt torque down so i figured its stripped out. So one of the bolts on the end cap is stripped and is leaking oil into the cam sensor area. When i also hooked my car up to a scanner it said intermitent loss of cam/crank sensor. So know that i found the problem im going to do one of two things either im going to helicoil or ill tap n die it for a lil bit bigger bolt. Idk but either way i gotta borrow the tools cause it another one i dont have, But i plan to fix it really really soon

here are some pics of when i was doin some work LOL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 60
Aren't you supposed to have anerobic sealant on that and not silicone sealant? Could cause some issues for you down the road with cam journal wear if the silicone is enough to through off the clamping of the cam to the head. Would create scoring or egg shaped journal.

The bolt was already stripped thats why it was leakin into my sensor. I only put a lil bit of rtv on the edge of the cap I didnt get any in the journals. my car iz a project so it doesnt get drivin much. Its just gonna sit until. I work out all the kinks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back