1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

need brake info

Posted by brian102, Jul 14, 2011

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. brian102

brian102 Proven Member

Joined Nov 6, 2010
    coldwater, Michigan
    This is kind of a mess so sorry if it gets confusing. I just bout this awd tsi and i was driving down the road and one of the rear brake pads fell out. Its an early 95 so its suppose to have vented rear royors. The previous owner put the smaller solid rotors. Pads for a solid rotor and one of each caliper. The vented rotor is an 11 inch. So the vented rotor parts are special order everywhere the solid rotor setup we have in stock at my work. Since i have the solid rotors on their now can i buy one solid rotor caliper to make the other side and the pads and be good or do i have to stay with vented setup. Im thinking these things are so hard to get now im a couple years they might noy evem be available. Thanks!

265  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  2. joseph95

joseph95 Probationary Member

Joined Dec 6, 2009
    antioch, Tennessee
    I dont see why you can't as long as you change out the "whole assembly ". I would go to junk yard and take them off one so you get everything.