The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NA cams with turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrohead

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey, guys. I have some Brian Crower Stage 2 NA cams in my car. I have been slowly buying parts for my Hahn kit (Maxgms fpr, wideband, and boost gauge). Would the cams cause any issues when I finally go boost? I know Crower NA stage 2 cams are good for boost, but I'm not sure about Brian Crower cams.

Any N/A cam will function with boost. It's not like you'll run into problems. Even with the most aggressive N/A cams all you're missing out on is a bit of spool and higher compressor flow from valve overlap blowing some intake air out of the exhaust valves. So don't sweat it. Throw the turbo kit on there and see how you like it, and if you feel like it needs turbo cams then you can spend the money. But all of the best turbocharged setups that I have driven have been on N/A cams.

Thanks. I'm probably going to start with 5psi, then bring it up a little. It's got a stock bottom end, but it's just getting set up for some fun back road runs on the weekends, so outright power isn't my goal right now, just want a nice increase in acceleration out of corners. Been focused on cooling and brakes/suspension first.

Thanks. I'm probably going to start with 5psi, then bring it up a little. It's got a stock bottom end, but it's just getting set up for some fun back road runs on the weekends, so outright power isn't my goal right now, just want a nice increase in acceleration out of corners. Been focused on cooling and brakes/suspension first

I would not bring it up much from there. 7-9 is about the MAX you can do on a stock bottom end. Just FYI

If you do your own work on the car a super cheap way to get a turbo bottom end is to find a Turbo PT Cruiser in the junkyard and swap the shortblock into your car. It's not a direct bolt in. You gotta flip the pistons on the rods which is easy cuz theyre floating. Also requires the injectors to be re-wired and the oil pan has to be customized as well as a custom motor mount but I got a 2.4 in my N/T eclipse for around 450 bucks including the cost of the short block

I won't be going past 7 or 8 psi. I just figure 5 psi is safer to get the fuel pressure dialed in. Am I right in thinking I'm going to have to run the fpr off the nipple on the fuel rail and run a return line back to the tank?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back