The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My 90 GSX build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goonie90gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2009
Norton, Ohio
Here's a few pics of where I'm at right now with my 90 gsx build. Motors out n waiting to be built I'm going with the 1g rods with 2g 8.5-1 pistons. I'm going to Canada this weekend for a bmx competition so i will be building it next week as soon as I'm home n getting back in as soon as its done. I plan on tuning it on E85 with dsmlink V3.

Engine-
9qwjfm.jpg

7 blade HX35 :D-
2hxrhcg.jpg

Polyurethane motor mounts-
2agox4.jpg

Sparco seats i just picked up need cleaned and the drivers seat needs sewn up on the side from wear n tear from getting in and out but ill make them look as good as new-
10p0s9z.jpg

doucqr.jpg

And for those who didint see it already heres the pic with the coilovers-
riywib.jpg

daplatano91;bt12224 said:
Good luck with the rest of the build. What wheels are those?

Thanks and im not sure ive had a few people ask and i have no clue their a universal 5 lug set i got dirt cheap from my freind, i love the way they look.

Heres and update got the motor apart tonight just gotta take the new pistons to get pressed on the rods and have the block cleaned and decked. Then it will be ready to go back together. Also i need a 6 bolt awd oil pick up tube if anyone has one in good condition please let me know thanks. :)

4slnxi.jpg

zj8k0i.jpg

Taking the block and pistons to the machine shop tomorrow so im hoping to get it all back together in the next 2 weeks or so ill keep u posted.

So the machine shop took way longer than expected but i finally have the motor back. Now i just gotta get it back together and back in the car, ill post pics as soon as its together.

Thats nice man. I really do love the 1g's i like the 2g's to but the 1g was my first car in highschool last year and now im also rollin the 2g. Keep up the good work bro

Got my motor back n got the crank and main bearings in last night, just gotta get the pistons in and check the ring gaps then itll pretty much be good to go from there:hellyeah:

Crank and main bearings in
2hs2hsm.jpg

Fresh red block=]
2i91ruw.jpg

Gorgeous car man. Im working on a 94 Talon to a 91 rebuild.

Got the pistons in tonight, just gotta get the engine gaskets and finish putting the rest of it together and shell be good to go back in:D

motor2.jpg

motor.jpg

Heres an update the motor is done finally and going back in today i cant wait to get this thing running and hopefully put down some decent numbers very soon.=]

2rr2j9h.jpg

2v7x9tu.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back