The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

MSnS 1, Idle problems overlooked, tps threshold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRand

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Okay, so my friend Ben, who helps me a lot with the megasquirt stuff comes back from my rival University (WA State), and figures out my idle issues in about 20min.

So this post is for future people looking for things to check while diagnosing an idle problem.

After playing with the Spark and fuel map trying to get my car to idle correctly, I got it to a point where it would idle around 700-900rpms, only problem is that it would have a droopy type of idle where it sounds like its missing.

Ben noticed that when we weren't touching anything on megasquirt, the injector pulsewidth was fluctating from 1.6-1.7 (where it idles good), to 2.3-2.5 for a split sec (where it droops or misses).

We checked the TPS signal, and noticed that it was kind of fluctuating as well around 0.0-0.2, but the affect this had was causing the megasquirt to go into an accelertion enrichment map for a split second and then back to normal. So we bumped the TPS threshhold to 0.9, and now the missing and droopy idle is gone. And maintaining a steady idle is now determined by the ramp effect in my spark table.

(pictures soon to come):thumb:

So did my msq help at all with your cold start etc. bc mine is running really good! So you say you got your idle figured out-What did you use for an idle valve? Thats the only thing I really need to figure out yet, but I will check my tps bc my idle fluctuates aswell but I believe it bc of my stock IAC is still connected and messing everything up.

Now you dont want me to go down on my knees and beg for it do you??? Bc I would!! I've unplugged it before but then I idle around 1600rpm which is not to bad but would be better if I can get it to idle at stock rpm.

VelocitàPaola;151347115 said:
It's still being tested, but you can be a tester if you'd like.

Me too, me too.

And Ajax,your maps helped in refference but as far as actually fixing the idle problem, This TPS threshold thing is the big kicker.

well ajax its different for everyone, just take a look at that menu while the car is on, and see how much your TPS signal goes up on its own at idle, and see if setting your Threshold above that makes a difference. FYI: you may have to re calibrate your acceleration enrichment map

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back