The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

PnP MSNS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He's referring to megasquirt. But about it, i still haven't deciphered it yet.

James :laser::talon:

Pluh N' Play MegaSquirt N' Spark.

As far as I know, they still havn't released it.

im at a cross road right now also, since my fuel management system took a shit, im in need of MS...however im just trying to decide wether i want to just quick grab the MSnS-E or wait for PnP since i have no idea when pNp is coming im just wanting to get my car moving again

im at a cross road right now also, since my fuel management system took a shit, im in need of MS...however im just trying to decide wether i want to just quick grab the MSnS-E or wait for PnP since i have no idea when pNp is coming im just wanting to get my car moving again

I would wait

Wiring it up is not that baaad. If you wired a stereo before you can do this. Believe wiring is the easy thing to do on a Megasquirt, it making sure everything else is set right is the harder part.

Indeed, all i really need to know is if there is a benefit other than no wiring to the PnP...i went to school for auto repair for 2 years...i can handle a litttle wiring, but im just wondering if its worth it to wait, seeing as I can order the regular MS right now...one quick question...what is the pros and cons of msII?

It's your call either way. I look at it like this anyone that is even considering PnP should wait because if you were 100% sure on your wiring skills you would be all about saving a penny and get the regular MSnS. Trust me wait

My wiring skills are superb, its not a matter of that...its a time factor, i work 12hrs a day 5 days a week, so i am limited on time and daylight...i would love to save money, but money come money go, i wanna get my car runnning again asap, and im just up in the air with the release date being undetermined and msrp also being iffy...i would just like the quickest way to get my beast back on the road...with this nice weather coming around im getting antsy. I also would like to know if anyone has MSnS2 and recommends it more highly than MS1

My wiring skills are superb, its not a matter of that...its a time factor, i work 12hrs a day 5 days a week, so i am limited on time and daylight...i would love to save money, but money come money go, i wanna get my car runnning again asap, and im just up in the air with the release date being undetermined and msrp also being iffy...i would just like the quickest way to get my beast back on the road...with this nice weather coming around im getting antsy. I also would like to know if anyone has MSnS2 and recommends it more highly than MS1

My fault about the wiring skills. In that case just get it now from what I have seen it takes about a weekend of no bs time.

You can always go with the MS1 and later upgrade to MS2 RS-autosport are releasing a daughter board with MS2. There's only a few 420a's running MS2 right now you can find them on Neons.org. Heres a link to the wire diagram http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/docs/RSA_V3-WIRING_Super420A.pdf If you have all the diagrams you would be able to get it done in a day. Only thing you would have to do, besides the wiring is welding the IAT sensor bung in and figure a way how you want to mount the watertemp sensor.
Edit: Just realized Rs-autosport does not make the super 420a and more so use this http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/docs/RSA_v3-wiring_420a.gif

Thats awesome, ### i really dont know too much about megasquirt and i know that 2 has a few more features, but im not sure that i need them...I was running with an afc, but as you can see this will be a big step up for my car, since i have gst injectors and fuel rail with a walboro very rich at idle, too the point where it barely runs without the afc... and lean at high throttle high boost...MSnS will be my heaven, however im worried about tuning it...are there any availible base maps or can you run someone else's map? I read that its possible but dont know of anyone doing it...just looking at options and gathering info:dsm:

Yeah most of the time they give you a basemap with the MS. Otherwise there is website boost junkies MSQ database with a whole bunch of maps. Megasquirt also as a future called Autotune, its pretty descent, but there is a program called Megalogviewer which is great your set you AFR tables do a log and it adjust your VE tables to reach the preset AFR. Tuning is not that hard, but there is a steep learning curve that only you can learn by reading on Msextra and msefi forums. Biggest issue is making sure you got all your settings right for your specific vehicle but then there is the two above mentioned forums with with advice when you need it!!

Yeah most of the time they give you a basemap with the MS. Otherwise there is website boost junkies MSQ database with a whole bunch of maps. Megasquirt also as a future called Autotune, its pretty descent, but there is a program called Megalogviewer which is great your set you AFR tables do a log and it adjust your VE tables to reach the preset AFR. Tuning is not that hard, but there is a steep learning curve that only you can learn by reading on Msextra and msefi forums. Biggest issue is making sure you got all your settings right for your specific vehicle but then there is the two above mentioned forums with with advice when you need it!!

Wait you mean to tell me MSnS has a feature that alows you to hook up a wideband set a desired a/f per certain rpm range and it will automatically try and keep that a/f ratio? Similar to Maft translator v2 for 4g63's if your familiar with it?

Something that will at least let your car run. Autotune works, but it's not perfect. You'll always need to do a little fine tuning.

VelocitàPaola;151521686 said:
Something that will at least let your car run. Autotune works, but it's not perfect. You'll always need to do a little fine tuning.

Hmm interesting. Doesn't sound as good as with maft gen 2 which you just hook up a wideband set your a/f ratio at like 10 diffrent points and it keeps it there during WOT. I have already made tuning arangements though so I'm good anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back