The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

pnp megasquirt 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1999

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2005
oakland, Maine
I was just reading up on some info about using megasquirt as a standalone system and i found an article on symtech labs that states

"02-04-08, Plug-and-Play Megasquirt PnP Megasquirt is just around the corner! There will finally be a PnP 420A EMS solution for easy installation and tuning!"

Ive been under the impression that all of the 420a ecu pinouts differ from one another, assuming this is true, is what theyre talking about only for cars other than the eclipse 420a such as the neon on something? If there will be a pnp EMS for the 420a eclipse then when will it be ready? How much? And where can i order one?

I can shed some light on this:

1.) Each unit is configured specifically for the year/make/model ordered. Neons, Eclipses, Avengers, etc. are all covered.

2.) I can't say when it will be ready.

3.) I also can't say how much it will cost.

4.) You'll be able to order one on their website when it's released to the public.

well well... i had some hesitation on what to spend some of my income tax on. I think i just figured that out. Thanks for the info!

In that case i mite have to wait on the portfueler and see what happens with these, Because the only thing i didnt like about megasquirt was the wiring. And it sounds like that wont be a problem here soon

I'm glad to see that those joker's over at SymTech Labs are actually working on something like this. ROFL It will be a good step for the 420a communities.

just incase anyone is wondering about when the pnp megasquirt is going to be ready i emailed symtech labs and heres what they had to say:
We don't want to rush R&D, but right now we're shooting for a release date
within two months. Another project recently took precedence, so as soon as
that's finished and rolled out PnP 420A Megasquirt will be our top priority.
Thanks for your interest, and feel free to check back with me periodically
for updates. You can also check our news page at:
I dont know about everyone else in the 420a community but ive been waiting for this for a long time!

Whats the difference between the PNP megasquirt and the normal Megasquirt people have used for the 420a? I just want to know if it's something more user friendly compared to the last model which was kind of complicated..

Whats the difference between the PNP megasquirt and the normal Megasquirt people have used for the 420a? I just want to know if it's something more user friendly compared to the last model which was kind of complicated..

PnP = plug and play... as in, no wiring: just drop it in place of your stock ECU, tune it, and you're ready to go.

Yea im pretty sure i read somewhere they give you a basemap. The car should be able to be fired up as soon as the swap is complete (assuming the car was running before the swap).

I just made a comment in a nother thread that MSnS would be dsmlink if it was pnp well there you go. I will def be back pedaling from my portfueler is better stance and buying this if it goes up for sale and will be one of the first inline for it as long as it's under a grand. I think 700 shipped worse case would be fair cause that's what the link goes for abouts and does the same stuff if not more actually.

I would be *ecstatic* if this is really around the corner. I don't want this vendor yanking our chains or anything. If it would be something similar to the EMS it would make my life ten times easier as my fuel management is still up in the air right now..

Paul, any expected release dates?

I would be *ecstatic* if this is really around the corner. I don't want this vendor yanking our chains or anything. If it would be something similar to the EMS it would make my life ten times easier as my fuel management is still up in the air right now..

Paul, any expected release dates?

I sent an email to the guys at symtech and they replied saying that the pnp system should be ready within the next two months. :sneaky:

I e-mailed SymTech Laboratories today and this is what i got back, :thumb: :talon:

Tim,

The MSRP has not been determined as of yet: though it will be under $1,000. It will most likely come with a base map and MegaTune on a separate CD. We're aiming for a release date within the next few months.

Thanks for your interest and check our news page regularly for updates:

SymTech Laboratories: Design, consulting, prototyping, and manufacturing

Best regards,

I think $700 or $800 is fair but still a lil steep for me :cry:

I e-mailed SymTech Laboratories today and this is what i got back, :thumb: :talon:

I think $700 or $800 is fair but still a lil steep for me :cry:

I'm so far off the original plan for this car might as well go all the way and wait till it comes out and spring the extra doe for it. This was suposed to be a I/H/E dd LOL

Im pretty excited as well. Was gonna buy the mega squirt but now gonna wait. This will be great!

Dude I'm with ya! I've already bought the megasquirt, set-up plans to go up to Boston for a professional tune, then cancelled them all because it just wasn't practical for me. Then I bought an SFMU and some injectors, only to abort that plan too.

I'm really not confident or comfortable with any fuel set-up availble for our cars thus far with anything other then MSnS. I need to control spark too. But for the everyday tuner and everyday driver, it's just waaaayy too intimidating without being PnP..

Megasuirt plug n play sounds GREAT to me!!!:thumb:

Dude I'm with ya! I've already bought the megasquirt, set-up plans to go up to Boston for a professional tune, then cancelled them all because it just wasn't practical for me. Then I bought an SFMU and some injectors, only to abort that plan too.

I'm really not confident or comfortable with any fuel set-up availble for our cars thus far with anything other then MSnS. I need to control spark too. But for the everyday tuner and everyday driver, it's just waaaayy too intimidating without being PnP..

Megasuirt plug n play sounds GREAT to me!!!:thumb:

i don't knwo if you guys have ever looked at the software for MSnS but it's not idiot proof either it's still going to take a good bit of knowledge and a wideband to effectivly tune a MSnS pnp setup too it just won't take a super wiring guru to get it installed and running.

Ive wanted to get megasquirt for some time now however the task of having to wire it your self not knowing necessarily if you had done it correctly when you were done then learning how to tune was a bit daunting. So as long as i only have to plug it in and learn how to tune im all for it. And plus there is a ton of help in the dsm community on troubleshooting with megasquirt and ive heard that the company it self provides decent customer service as well.

thats just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back