The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Mishimoto fan issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon95dsm

Proven Member
Mar 7, 2014
Wilmington, North_Carolina
I recently bought a Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud with dual slim fans. The shroud package comes with connectors that are plug and play. If the condenser fan is plugged in the 20A condenser fan fuse and 30A condenser fan fusible link will both blow. With just the radiator fan plugged in the fuses won't blow, but the fan doesn't turn on either. I tried using a 30A fuse since the inrush current is 12.7 per fan and it still blows the fuse and fusible link. I plugged my stock fan back in and it turns on just fine. Tested the Mishimoto fans by running wires between the battery and connector and they turn on. I want to keep them plug and play instead of cutting the factory connector and rewiring.

Any ideas?

I would start with homing out the new fans, make sure it isn't shorting out internally. Wouldn't want to speak ill of Mishimoto products but sometimes products fail. If the circuit is fine with factory fans then it doesn't sound like your problem is with the cars wiring. If everything checks out I would try sending them an email and hope their tech department could help you out. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I sent them an email Sunday night, waiting for an answer now. Hopefully by the end of the day. It's raining today but tomorrow I'm planning on checking the Mishimoto connectors to make sure it's not something as simple as a wire accidentally put in the wrong pin.

Sounds like a plan, and damn autocorrect on this phone but I'm sure you knew what I meant about checking the ohms through the fan. If not I'm more than happy to help you through it.

Totally agree with ohming out the fan. Also just make sure the plug isn't expoded ground itself out. I'm not sure what the wiring looks like but on my car the fans have bullet connectors, which I hate anything crimp on. Might have been what the previous owner did, might be factory but I just cut them and soldered direct and heat shrink wrapped them. But if the issue is the fans I believe they have a lifetime warranty so they should replace if it is internal.

Hello to all,

I am very sorry to hear that you seem to be having an issue with your fan shroud jon95dsm. I certainly do apologize for that. I'd like to thank everyone who posted on this thread attempting to help out. We certainly do appreciate it and know the DSM family is a very tight knit group.

If you were unable to get this issue resolved, we do have an excellent group of customer service representatives that would be happy to help you diagnose this problem.

We can be reached directly by email at [email protected] or by phone at 302.762.4501. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you and have a great day,
Mishimoto

Hello to all,

I am very sorry to hear that you seem to be having an issue with your fan shroud jon95dsm. I certainly do apologize for that. I'd like to thank everyone who posted on this thread attempting to help out. We certainly do appreciate it and know the DSM family is a very tight knit group.

If you were unable to get this issue resolved, we do have an excellent group of customer service representatives that would be happy to help you diagnose this problem.

We can be reached directly by email at [email protected] or by phone at 302.762.4501. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you and have a great day,
Mishimoto

I'm having this exact same issue. What is the solution.

could you please pass along the information of the rewiring the plug and play adapters ...I am having the same issue and have submitted a email/ticket to mishimoto(with this post referenced ) with no response . I am definitely having this same issue . Thanks !

I recently bought a Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud with dual slim fans. The shroud package comes with connectors that are plug and play. If the condenser fan is plugged in the 20A condenser fan fuse and 30A condenser fan fusible link will both blow. With just the radiator fan plugged in the fuses won't blow, but the fan doesn't turn on either. I tried using a 30A fuse since the inrush current is 12.7 per fan and it still blows the fuse and fusible link. I plugged my stock fan back in and it turns on just fine. Tested the Mishimoto fans by running wires between the battery and connector and they turn on. I want to keep them plug and play instead of cutting the factory connector and rewiring.

Any ideas?
Hey just a quick question, did you put this fan shroud on your 95 gst? Trying to figure out why my connectors wont fit the mishimoto fans connectors... the ones on the new fan shroud are slightly bigger. Then I thought, what if the connectors changed in 97..?.

I just ordered this fan and shroud setup from stmtuned. Please provide the rewire information so I can check prior to installation. Thank you.

Edit: OP hasn't signed on since 2018. There is no way he will provide the information in time for us to fix our issue with his help. Hope someone else has the answer. Cheers all.

you guys should really start a new post instead of jumping on these old posts.

anyways this should be what your needing

radiator fan

white/black -- (+)power from fan relay (low)
white/blue -- (+)power from fan relay (high)
black -- (-)ground
blue/green (-)ground

condenser fan
blue/white -- (+)power from condenser relay (high)
blue -- (+)power from condenser relay (low)
black -- (-)ground
blue/black (-)ground

Thank you guys for posting this, I just finished installing mine today and couldn't figure out why they're not coming on. This article solved the problem. The plug is wired backwards, Grounds on the fan side are located where the power pins are on the factory harness.

Disappointed but glad you guys helped me solve the problem.

Cheers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back