The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual Shift Box for Automatics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. That's my personal car. Retrofitted a Hyundai shiftronic setup. I use the power/eco switch to switch between AEM EMS transmission control, and the shiftronic mode (which is independent of the AEM EMS). I have a better pic of it more finished i'll post when I get home from work.

How did you get aem to control you trans??? I thought since dsm's use a tcu, you couldnt wire it to do this. Did you somehow wire your aem box to your TCU??? WTF

Please spill the beans!

I got to say this is simply amazing. I wish I knew how to do this, or knew someone that did, I would do it or pay to have it done in a heart beat
Has R&D and labor lost it's value? Yeah, they are fairly simple to build, but isn't your time, and R&D worth something? If these things are going to get whored out for zero profit I might as well find some different people to help.

On a more interesting note, however, it seems from the descriptions, like everyone's shift box is significantly different in form & function so it leaves the customers to be able to choose which style of shift box they want from several different variations. This is a good thing, variety is always nice.

Bonus round:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

OMG

Here is a video of me using my prototype in my car.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvuVcpNxZQ0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvuVcpNxZQ0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

No, no chips yet. I am researching on which ones i can use. I am hopefully going to design one that has a digital display with what gear you are in when shifting. Going to be awhile till that is able to be implemented. I just experimented with adding LED's into the shifter as a notice of what gear you are in and it worked :) Hopefully I can add any color to match certain applications.

I am looking for anyone who has the wire diagram for 95 to 99 eclipse/talon Shift Control Solenoids. The box I am using is installed in a 94 talon so i already know what wires to use when installing the box for 90 to 94.

I need the wire colors for A and B solenoids and 12 volt ignition power.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I finally got to mess around with extra features for the box and was able to add LED indicators for what gear you are in. It also shows if you shift out of sequence to help prevent transmission damage :D It would be cool if i could replace my whole TCU with a little box like what I am using :)

I bought one it looks real nice i just havnt installed it, ill wait till the temp is above 0

I finally got around to installing mine and it works fawless.
Very ez install also.

I would love to get in on something like this for my car. But I'm wondering, because I use my car as a dd as well, is there any way to bypass that and go back to the stock TCU so it will act normal? It would be great for the strip, but I can see that as being a pain for dd.

Also, I don't have a shift kit yet, or any type of upgraded valve body, manual valve or anything to that nature. Will that be necessary before I use something like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to get in on something like this for my car. But I'm wondering, because I use my car as a dd as well, is there any way to bypass that and go back to the stock TCU so it will act normal? It would be great for the strip, but I can see that as being a pain for dd. ]quote

EagleTalonTim's product looks to be the best bang for your buck. He's an awesome guy too. You really can't go wrong with this product and customer service combined.:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the wire colors for a 2g for 12v ignition, ground, solenoid A, and solenoid B? I also need the shift sequence. Is it the same as a 1g? I have a digital 2 button shifter with possible wireless paddle shifter capabilities and I want to be able to install it on a 2g as well.

I haven't been on in a while so i'm glad to see some guys are trying to get these controlers together and tested with members involved so we can actually see feedback on it. I see it has a safeguard for not accidentally shifting into the wrong gear which is well worth it. Like when your wide open and going for third but push the wrong button and you suddenly find yourself stuck to the dashboard because you hit first by mistake and let off because it scared the crap out of youOMG. AWD does not loss traction when you downshift that far. I'm sure i'm not the only one who has done that. Also when you are in manual mode and you need to go into reverse (via the shifter) i believe the selector should be in 2nd gear correct? I believe that's how my toggle switches were. I just wanted to ask that since mine seemed to act differently when not set in second. Good luck on this and keep us informed. Sorry about the book i've had 1 too many Millers.:D

When I shift into reverse, I can leave the shift box in any gear for me. Right now, i am driving with the 2 button design to test it before i can let others install it on their cars. You want to know more about that one, just PM me :D

yeah, hopefully everyone will like the new design. it has cost me over $400 in R&D :p I think the digital display of what gear you are in is the best part of it :D Give me a few weeks and I will be a vendor on here and will be able to post all the new crap that I can do for us DSMers! Still waiting on my patent paperwork to go through :(

I am using IC chips. I have a company that builds the boards for me and I solder all the components to it. I have to program the chips. I have another business that I order large quantities of what i need. There are no moving parts in the new shift box so it will last the life of the car. That is why I applied for a patent and copyright :p

I am using IC chips. I have a company that builds the boards for me and I solder all the components to it. I have to program the chips. I have another business that I order large quantities of what i need. There are no moving parts in the new shift box so it will last the life of the car. That is why I applied for a patent and copyright :p

If sorry if I missed this somewhere, but do you have any pics of the new design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back