The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual Boost Controller Cleaning (Ball+Spring Style)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have a manual boost controller and notice that you have no adjustment, you cannot turn the boost back down or just seems to be out of adjustment you can clean it relatively easy.

This was performed on a Hallman Evolution In-Cabin Manual Boost Controller.
You'll need some things to do this:
13mm combo wrench
Paperclip
Silicone spray
Paper towel

It really depends on what you want to use to lubricate it, last time i chose some thicker grease that really just held a lot of contaminates and lasted about a summer. I figured id give the silicone spray a try.

So lets get started take your boost source line off of the MBC, Next take your 13mm wrench and unscrew the boost source nipple. Inside you'll find a ball and spring. DON'T loose them, in my case they stayed in there when unscrewed it.

So pull the ball out, Use your paperclip and curve it to pull the spring out. Once you have them out clean them throughly. Also clean out the boost source nipple, and the inside of the boost controller. I used paper towel and twisted it so i could slide it on the inside of the spring, nipple, and boost controller. It worked pretty good and removed a lot of dirt.

Next spray your ball and spring with the silicone spray. Put the spring in first, then the ball. At this time i decided to give it one final spray. Screw in the boost source nipple and get it pretty tight so it wont loosen while you reattach the vacuum line. Reattach the boost source line and your done.

Attachments

• MBC 004.jpg
    MBC 004.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,666
  • MBC 001.jpg
    MBC 001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,596
  • MBC 002.jpg
    MBC 002.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,574
  • MBC 003.jpg
    MBC 003.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,580
  • MBC 006.jpg
    MBC 006.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,586
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back