The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manley rods torque specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaVision

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2007
Sofia, Europe
Hello,

How do I find the bolt part no and the correct torque spec for my 6-bolt Manley connecting rods? I've looked all over the box and the rods but couldn't find neither of the numbers

42350 3/8” ARP 2000 1.500” 60 ft. lbs. .0058” - .0062” 55 - 65
42351 3/8” ARP 2000 1.600” 65 ft. lbs. .0058” - .0062” 60 - 70

Attachments

• arp.jpg
    arp.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4,587
Now I am confused :( According this they should be torqued to 40 ft/lbs, but shouldn't torque be one of the two posted in the OP? Why is there a difference between ARP Manual and Manley manual?

Hey guys. Smee again...after a rod bearing failure

I have been greatly brainstorming these days. Something doesn't seem right here. I get the feeling that Manley H-beam rods come with MANLEY BOLTS made out of ARP 2000 material, not ARP brand bolts. So I am looking for more input on this. Which torque specs to follow ARP or MANLEY's.

here's the manley specs
http://www.manleyperformance.com/dl/tech/rod-hbeam.pdf

Last edited:
I'd probably go with the Manley specs, but give them a call first.

Thanks you guys. Just got an e-mail reply from Manley and I qoute:
You must follow our instructions, not ARP. Also you must use the recommended lube as per our instructions.

So I guess ARP 2000 is the material and has nothing to do with ARP brand. I wonder if that was the cause of my rod bearing failure...:confused:WTF

ARP 2000 isn't a material, they are ARP hardware. If you read again, you'll notice that both Manley and ARP call out the same stretch for the bolts when tightening, which is a more accurate measurement for fastener preload than torque (which is affected a lot by friction). My guess is that the lube being used plays a big part in how each company determined a torque spec. The rods are from Manley, not ARP, so I would follow Manley's torque spec if you can't use a Stretch Gauge.

EDIT: ARP2000 IS a material, but it is ARP's name for an alloy, so they are ARP hardware.

40 ft lbs is with arp moly lube
60-65 ft lbs is with 30 weight oil if i recall

Always use the moly lube when you can.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back