The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fastener Torque Values [Merged 3-9] value tightness torques specs specifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreddySpyder

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2002
Alabama
I changed my leaky oil pan gasket not long ago and it is still leaking. I used red rtv as the gasket and ran a nice continuous bead around the whole pan making a circle around each bolt hole. I think the two mistakes I made were not waiting for the RTV to dry before putting the pan back on, and I think I tightened the bolts too much ( I ended up breaking one of them).
I'm gonna buy a torque wrench and make sure they are right this time... how much torque do the pan bolts require? How long should I let the RTV dry this time before putting the pan back on?

43 ft. lbs. for ARP rod bolts in Eagle rods.

If you are using torque values, torque to 43 lbs once, and loosen the bolts. Re-torque to 43 ft. lbs and loosen them again, then re-torque to 43 ft. lbs for a 3rd and final time. Make sure to use ARP Moly assembly lube.

project_tsi said:
43 ft. lbs. for ARP rod bolts in Eagle rods.

If you are using torque values, torque to 43 lbs once, and loosen the bolts. Re-torque to 43 ft. lbs and loosen them again, then re-torque to 43 ft. lbs for a 3rd and final time. Make sure to use ARP Moly assembly lube.

Thank You!
I found the spec out, but I torqued it the same as I did the main studs, in stages. I did 22 ft. lbs for then the 43 ft. lbs. Should I just loosen them up
and torque them your way?

So basically torque them 3 times... I don't remember seeing this in the eagle rod manual. Does this technique make a difference?

TommyDSM said:
Thank You!
I found the spec out, but I torqued it the same as I did the main studs, in stages. I did 22 ft. lbs for then the 43 ft. lbs. Should I just loosen them up
and torque them your way?

So basically torque them 3 times... I don't remember seeing this in the eagle rod manual. Does this technique make a difference?

It's required if you aren't using a rod bolt stretch gauge. It isn't in the instructions for some of the Eagle Rods, but it's in the instructions if you buy the ARP bolts seperately.

I cannot seem to find my shop manual and i forgot the pressure plate to flywheel torque spec, could someone please help. thanks for all the help.

Ok I am putting back toghter my block and the haynes manual says for the main bolt to torque them to 18 ft lbs then another 90 degrees rotation, i did that but i did not torque them in sequence like i should have i went like this (engine upside down)
1 3 5 7 9 rear
4 2 6 10 8

will this affect anything?? Also the rod cap nuts the manual says 14.5 ft lb then 90 degree rotation, i did that right too?? its all back toghter (except the head) but i dont want to loosen them up again and continue to strech the bolt, the crank spun fine with no binding, but let me know what you think, i dont think it will hurt it.....

Oh you're right, I read the wrong line in the Haynes manual. Don't call you wiseman for nothing.

So i should just use 38 ft lbs on the rod cap nuts? I could not find the torque for the mains

I am still having a hard time finding out what the torque is for the 1g 6 bolts on the mains and cap nuts, i dont think this haynes manual is right and i dont want to button it all up till i know its right, anyone know? the link above i think is for the 7 bolts

AWD 90 Tsi said:
So i should just use 38 ft lbs on the rod cap nuts? I could not find the torque for the mains

I'm not at home where I can check my other manuals but I think those are the 6 bolt main caps on page 11c-102 they say to torque to 49 ft lbs

Steve

Manual hasn't got here yet but I need the torque spec for the cam bearing caps. I have a 92 Talon TSi.

In the search I only came up with one reference and it was 15 ft lbs. Is this right? Seems really light.

thats the correct torque spec.15ft lbs.make sure you you do it in a criss crosspattern.good luck man.:thumb:

PokinatchaPunk said:
Also read that you wanna use some loctite on the end caps.
There should be no need for that.

06mr9 said:
make sure you you do it in a criss crosspattern
There is a correct order for torquing the cam caps but that's not it. Here's what the FSM says:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Steve

Thanks for the info! I'm starting to think the head is shot. Should find out more today.

As stated, does anyone know the recommended torque amount for the top nut that fastens the shock to the upper mount? When I had Tein's the amount was ~20lbs/ft, does anyone have any info regarding the Konis?

Thanks,
Scott

Hey guys,
Like the title states, I'm in need of the torque specs for a 2g subframe. I also need the torque specs for the pieces of metal that bolt to the bottom of the subframe. I searched and found nothing, and my Haynes manual is useless. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back