The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Magnacore 8.5mm & NGK BPR6ES???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
I just received my new Magnacore 8.5mm wires and NGK BPR6ES spark plugs the other day. Do I need to gap these plugs? if so how much? and how to do it?

yea, more likely than not you'll need to gap them ( or at least see if they're gapped correctly). Check ngk website for correct gap size, and there's a tool for measuring gaps, pick one up at your local auto parts store, it's probably gonna be by the checkout.

qwall said:
yea, more likely than not you'll need to gap them ( or at least see if they're gapped correctly). Check ngk website for correct gap size, and there's a tool for measuring gaps, pick one up at your local auto parts store, it's probably gonna be by the checkout.

NGK's website doesn't say the gap size for my 97 eclipse gs-t... but since I am currently running stock boost I should gap at .029-.030. Do you think that I will notice a difference? Thanks for all the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back