The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

MAF problem..or ecu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh38127

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
I was driving my car yesterday and I noticed some problems. When I try 0-60 pull It will pull to 4000-4500rpms after 4800rpms it started to sputter. I never did hear any back-fire. When left to go home that day it wonldn't run unless I unpluged the MAS.The car idled great RPM's at 760. I drove home 8 miles unpluged. I notice that my chrome fart can tip was gold colored. If I plug the MAS in it will stall instantly.

Also the ECU was replaced but I am not if its a 1990 or a 1991-94. I can not tell because the case painted gold. My car a 90 Gs-T though. Could that be the problem.:coy:

Check all the intake plumbing to make sure they haven't sprung a leak.

If you open your ECU and see three vertical ceramic boards in the center it's a 90 style ECU. The 91+ only have two. If there is still a 4 digit number printed on the white edge connector you can cross reference the ECU board from it by looking up either E2T3XXXX or E2T6XXXX on my list

For example the 90 DSM ECUs will say 447something on the connector which is E2T3447X on the list.

I would have to agree that it would be more likely that it's your ECU that is the culprit. How long were you running the existing ECU with the MAS plugged in before the problems presented themselves?

I would have to agree that it would be more likely that it's your ECU that is the culprit. How long were you running the existing ECU with the MAS plugged in before the problems presented themselves?

Its the ECU that came with my car.It hasn't ran it 3 or 4 years. I'll check the ECU. It is 90 GS-T and looks redone. He had the wire swap done for the 1991-94 to work. I fix it and do a boost leak test.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back