The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for Opinions on New Rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VETDRMS

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
A friend let me put these rims on the Talon to see if I liked them, and so far after driving around for a day I like them much better than the Enkei WDMs I took off. They are MSR Style 045 18x8.

Car is pretty dirty, as it's been down for several months while I transplanted a new drivetrain. Built my first auto, so that was fun.

Just looking for some feedback to help decide if I want to keep them or not. The car needs to come down a bit but it actually gets driven a lot where 2" of clearance would just be too much of a pain. Probably going with Koni Yellows and H&R OE Sports.

Thanks. :cool:

Attachments

• Talon.jpg
    Talon.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 528
  • Talon2.jpg
    Talon2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 251
I really like the rim style. I'm just not too much of a fan of 18's. I just like how tires with a little more meat on the sidewall look with 17's

Thanks for the comments. :hellyeah:

I agree it needs to be lower and have more tire under it. I just swapped these from my buddy's Golf so these were the tires he had on them. I am thinking of going with a 245/40/18 or a 245/45/18 tire if I can get them to fit.

Also, trying to decide which route to go for lowering, leaning toward the Tein Flex or SS coilovers but also considering Koni Yellows with Ground Controls.

:)

if you just drop it 2" they would look sick if they were 17" it would be even better but....

well if you change them sell me those =]]

Thanks for the comments. :hellyeah:

I agree it needs to be lower and have more tire under it. I just swapped these from my buddy's Golf so these were the tires he had on them. I am thinking of going with a 245/40/18 or a 245/45/18 tire if I can get them to fit.

Also, trying to decide which route to go for lowering, leaning toward the Tein Flex or SS coilovers but also considering Koni Yellows with Ground Controls.

:)

I'm dropped 2-2.5" and mine have that exact setup I have offsets the 40's in fornt 45 in back looks just like my avatar

Awesome! What a coincidence I just put the same ones on mine. Wasn't too sure if that many spokes would be good but liking it. :)

Whoa, old thread. The many-spoke wheels are just a pain to clean.

I have a set of mint MR BBS in addition to the above rims now. I sliced one of the Advans on the BBS so I am back on the bigger 18s again for now. A lot has changed since 2010, about 1-1.5" lower now:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Found some lowered pics with the 18s:

Very nice. Those wheels are almost identical to my Enkei EKM3's. It's a great looking design when done right, which is pretty rare now days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 111
Should def lower the car a little but doesnt look to bad though im not a fan of silver ha. 2gs can kinda pull of 18s but id prefer 17s. I have 18s on my evo and liked them a lot at first but im over them now 17s are def the way to go.

Should keep the 18s and sell me the evo BBS wheels ;)

ive always wondered how these would look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back