The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Opinions on rims...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misundaztood

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2002
Temple, Texas
Okay, there is this guy coming over tomarrow to look at my rims. He says if he decides to buy them he's going to give me $500 cash for them. Pretty decent deal. That also includes the tires which have quite a bit of wear on them. Yes, I know my swirlies are kinda like my trademark with my car but I'm getting kinda tired of telling people, "No, their not hubcaps. Their real rims. :rolleyes: ).
I figure for a couple of weeks I can just roll around on my 16' stockers until I save the extra cash for some 18s. I have a friend who can hook me up with some rims pretty cheap. I've narrowed it down to these choices. Please tell me which ones you think would look the best on my car.

Katana Vr-5s in silver;

Attachments

• vr5-sm.gif
    vr5-sm.gif
    20 KB · Views: 258
Katana Destinys in "hyperblack";

Attachments

• destinyhb-sm.gif
    destinyhb-sm.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 267
Or keep the bling-bling theme of my car going. :D

Alba Battles in chrome;

Attachments

• battle-sm.gif
    battle-sm.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 254
i dont like any but i if i had to get one of them it would be the 2nd
i love the hyperblack and i think it would go good with your car alan

and please please please dont get the first ones, there basically volk GT-C ripoffs, and about 10 other brands make them

Honesty, that's my favorite out of all of them. I just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks, Matt.:cool:

My choice would be 1 or 3. The 2nd ones are kinda nice but look more like an SUV wheel, or something that would go on a Caprice/Impala. The last ones are definately too bling for an Eclipse IMO. Get what you want though man, and who cares if the first ones are knock-offs, not everyone's daddy buys them Volks while not knowing anything about Volk wheels besides GT-Cs and TE37s. :thumb:

Well, then it's settled. The seconds ones. If the guy calls today however. Still hasn't called. If he doesn't I think I may put a listing in the Thrifty Nickle or something. :cool:
Thanks, everyone.

Well, the dude just called. Were going to meet at my 7-11 tomarrow & switch the cash & rims. Ya know what sucks though? I went out to my garage to get out my stockers & mount 'em on & guess what. Some stupid rat or whatever chewed a frikkin' hole in one of them. A really big hole. Now I gotta march down to Wal-mart & buy their cheapest & crappiest tire they got. Oh well, at least I'm on my way to getting some "real" rims.:cool:

Well, guess what happen today? We met at the 7-11 & then I had to follow him to his place two blocks down the road. He handed me the cash & then we loaded them into the back of his Chevy S-10 which is what he was going to put them on. Well, he gave me $460 dollars & a post-dated check for 40 bucks(he wanted to have the rims right away & have me come by his place next Wednsday & get the extra money. I said, "Hell no."). Well, after I drove away I noticed he dated the check for 4/18/03. So I had to turn around & go back. He wasn't there this time but his wife was there & she fixed the date. She was also really surprised to find a check written out on her account which was weird. I then drove home. The minute I got home my grandmother told me e had called demanded to know where the hell I was & that the rims wouldn't fit. I never promised him they would fit. He was all like, "Well, he was just at my place, he should be home by now!" like I have no life. So I called him back & he said he went to 3 different places & they all said they wouldn't fit without $120 adapters. So I had to just drive back over there, get my rims & give him the money back. Now I'm rollin' around on 16' stockers desparetly looking for someone who wants to buy them. This sucks monkey balls! Oh well, I guess I'll just put them in the paper or on eBay or something.
On the bright side, I can chirp my tires now.:cool:

He was shady about the whole thing, that's for sure.

Hey you wanna buy them, Matt? They'd look mAd TyTe on yer ride, fo sho.:cool:
Tell ya what, we'll just swap rims...call it even.;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back