The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Opinions on rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'98 AWD DSM

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Sayville, New_York
Hey whats up guys,
I want to get smaller and lighter rims on my gsx. I want ot getsomething that looks different. My car is white, and I was thinking black or gold or dark bronze rims and I can use your opinions. I went through the galleries here and I found some white 2g's with black rims which looks pretty sick.. I am also going to do suspension, but I want something thats really light. Thanks in advance.
Heres a pic of my car

Attachments

• DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 247
hey man i agree, black rims look very nice on a white car. looks clean. here is a link to some a company that has some black rims that i haven't seen around: RS Limited Wheels
so you could check that out, but also, just search around www.wheelsnext.com they have a huge variety of wheels and packages and they have pretty good prices too.

Some wheels you want to consider: (17x7.5s)

SSR Competition

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

5Zigen Fn01r-C in Hyperblack

Volk GT-Ns

These are lightweight wheels and would definitely compliment your GSX. With these wheels you'll feel lighter and more nimble steering. Dont forget good tires too. It's a world of difference from the 25lb/each stockers.

well since you want smaller im guessing you are going to want 16's? If so i suggest you go with some rota's, they are cheap at only 500 a set and they are light(well most of them anyway) they come in all sorts of colors and sizes. As for what color on a white car, black would look good, bronze(not gold), gunmetal, white, chrome, silver, etc.. most colors will look good on a white car it just depends on what other visual mods you will be doing. If you are going to be tinting the windows and putting on carbon hood/lip etc.. then you would more liekly want to go with a darker rim whereas if you wer to keep everythign white then a lighter rim could be used.

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys. I am def. going to check out the rims that you guys mentioned as well as the websites. I def. want black or bronze ones I think they would look sick. I am actually going to be putting in my built 6-bolt soon and I wanted to give the car a little different appereance. I love the sleeper look though :D THanks again guys. What would you guys reccomend for suspension wise? I was looking at the Tokico Illumina's thay are adjustable so thats def. a good thing for the track and what not.
-ANdrew

For suspension it really depends on wht you want out of the car, if you are just going to be drag racing every once in a while then even the stock suspension would do quite well, however the 4x4 look isn't to hot. If you are looking for a road race car/street car you have several options. It really depends on how serious about it you are. If you want to become a track whore(which is good) then I would go with something more than just some adjustable shocks, The higher end tien stuff is decent, and JIC once set up properly are very nice. However getting JIC's set up correctly is difficult. If you are looking for a street/occasional strip/course car then tokicos would be fine. The tokico 5ways are the same as koni's just priced way lower. those and some pro kits or h&r springs should set you up very well, and give you a great handleling/performing car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back