The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New rims, need opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guedo512

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2002
Tokyo, Asia
I wan't to buy new rims for my gs. the only problem i am facing is weather or not i wan't 17's again or 18's. here are the rims i wan't.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

what would you guys do? i am probably never going to lower my car, and the rims are fairly light. need suggestions.

Why are you never going to lower your car? And if your not going to lower you car, then you definently do not want to get 18's.

i've got the same problem.. but regardless if i were you, i would drop your ride at least 1.2-1.5 inches.. thats not really alot

Originally posted by irjoshy
i've got the same problem.. but regardless if i were you, i would drop your ride at least 1.2-1.5 inches.. thats not really alot

sportlines with tokico illumias?

i'm not an expert but i heard that sportlines arent very good for performance.. pro kits would probably be better.. but like i said i'm not an expert.. the guys in the suspension forum know a helluva lot..

Originally posted by DSMWillyb
I'd stick with 17's on your NT - just for the simple fact that larger rotational mass will decrease your performance...

Isn't that contradictory:confused:

Its an nt so what does it matter how heavy the rims are. Quedo if you plan on putting these rims on the gsx you want to get then go ahead and get em. But if not save your money.

I have the prokit/illuminas setup and am also planning on getting 18's, from what I've seen/heard, the sportlines are a harsher ride and most consider them "too" low.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back