The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Opinions on These Rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daren_p

DSM Wiseman
Nov 22, 2004
Newmarket, ON_Canada
I was just wondering peoples opinions on these rims. I have always liked the staggered look but it was never an option for us. I recently found these rims that keep the same offset & rim size front & back but the spoke shape is slightly different to allow a 45mm lip on the front & an 82mm lip on the back. I was just wondering what everyone thought about how these would look on a 2gb? I think these will probably look good but I want to know if others think I should go with the stagered ones or just run the smaller same lip all around?

Attachments

• bg_drift_bkg_2.jpg
    bg_drift_bkg_2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 332
  • bg_drift_bkg_1.jpg
    bg_drift_bkg_1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 332
staggered and yet still keeping the same size front and back, sounds good to me. however, i dont know much in this department of automobiles.

Those look great! :thumb: Staggered would be a really nice touch too.

Those look nice, but our opinion on a part that perhaps shows the only individuality in the dsm world where stock body is common and preferred, shouldn't persuade YOUR choice of wheels.

Go with your gut instinct.

Those rims look damn nice. I say get them. :thumb:

Very similar to the ones I have so I like them. :D With that said, why is this in the tech section? Moved to appearance.

Very similar to the ones I have so I like them. :D With that said, why is this in the tech section? Moved to appearance.

Well technically the Newbie forum isn't in the tech section ;) I knew it was better suited in the specific apperance forum but not many people even bother looking here so I thought it would be okay in the general Newbie forum, where I would get more input (but figured it would get moved anyways ;) )

Personally I think the staggered setup will look pretty good but its just hard to picture as I have only seen this basically on rwd or cars running widebody kits. My only though of not to run the larger rear lip setup, is people thinking Im just trying to make it look like a rwd car. The same size lip would be the safe way to go but I think I'm going to go with the staggered setup. I know it would defently different, I guess if I don't like it when they show up I can always send the 2 wider lip rims back, pay the restocking & get matching lips.

Oldman, do you have any pics of your setup that you could either post or send me?

Those look nice, but our opinion on a part that perhaps shows the only individuality in the dsm world where stock body is common and preferred, shouldn't persuade YOUR choice of wheels.

Go with your gut instinct.

Well Im defently going with those wheels, just wanting some input on going the "staggered" look on our cars. I was just curious if everyone was going to post up they think it would look like crap, then I may change my mind & go the "safe" same lip setup with them.

..... I have only seen this basically on rwd or cars running widebody kits. My only though of not to run the larger rear lip setup, is people thinking Im just trying to make it look like a rwd car.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I am conditioned to seeing the staggered lip on a rwd car (looks fantastic on a BMW with ground effects) so in my mind it might look odd on a fwd. This would only be noticeable to someone who's into cars of course but you have to think about if this will bother you or make you feel self conscious when driving around. But they do look great in the picture.:)

I ended up wimping out, I went with the smaller lip all around. I wasn't sure if the staggered setup would look right on a fwd car & didn't like the fact that I couldn't rotate the tires, especially being the cars fwd. I like a nice big polised lip but I think the 82mm lip on this style of rim is too big to go all around with & they more then likely wouldn't have cleared my 4 piston Wilwood calipers.

Christ Daren, you're still looking for a set of rims? I understand how important the choice is, but it's been months! :p Stop being so damn finicky! ;)

Actually, I probably would be the same way.

DSMunknown said:
Stop being so damn finicky!

:tease: Hey, I have a stack of steelies in the garage. I could hammer them straight and spray them pink for you, Daren. Ok, they wont be all the same size, but 2 16x6, a 14x5.5 (<-- this one comes with a wheel cover) and a 15x6 should do the job, if your not to finicky.

:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back