The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

little advice on shocks please...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirk3

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
pleasant hill, California
I need new shocks for my car. I'm thinking of replacing the fronts first and then the rear. The front end is drifting all over the place and hitting a big enough dip causes my front tire to rub.
Now can I just replace the shock or do I have to do the strut too. I was thinking of kyb's I found a sbr for 104.00 shipped, is that a good price?.
Also how difficult is it to replace the fronts. I looked on V-faq but it looked to me it only covered a 2g.
Any help would be appreciated. I just want to keep it simple for now, so as close to stock has been my goals so far..

I assume you mean replace the spring and/or strut. Well you might as well buy lowering springs and aftermarket struts at the same time. Their not hard to do at all, just time consuming.

If you plan on just driving your car and dont really care how it handles then you can just get GR-2's(kyb), but if you care about how it will handles and want to be able to adjust the hardness of them, then I recommend AGX's(kyb also).

Now for springs I would recommend Sportlines. I have Sprint springs and I hate them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back