The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Lets talk Difs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRNDSM:Weir will work on your diff. Evo 3 & 4 use the same plates but different cover.

This is for his summit van. You're like the 3d person to get confused by that! Haha
LOL this makes alot of sense now! when he said Summit I actually just thought of Summit racing haha, thanks for clearing it up

Finally got my 3rd diff delivered. I'm going to be switching over to Evo3 rear, 4 spyder center, Kaaz front.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I should send my Quaife center in for a new housing so I can finally get rid of it. Installing these is going probably going to be a slow process for me. I want to do the rear on it's own so I can notice the differences better. I'd like to get the car tuned before pulling the tranny to install the others.

Bump for my confusion...

1st pic proves that I have a rear diff
2nd pic shows both rear axles out of the diff
3rd pic shows same axles next to the inner Evo 1-3 inner axle cups.

Maybe I didn't notice it in this thread but I didn't see anyone else with a shorter input shaft input the diff on one side.

Attachments

• 20180316_100532.jpg
    20180316_100532.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20180316_100632.jpg
    20180316_100632.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20180316_100720.jpg
    20180316_100720.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 132
Bump for my confusion...

1st pic proves that I have a rear diff
2nd pic shows both rear axles out of the diff
3rd pic shows same axles next to the inner Evo 1-3 inner axle cups.

Maybe I didn't notice it in this thread but I didn't see anyone else with a shorter input shaft input the diff on one side.

Looks just like my stuff, except I've already swapped the Evo axle cups onto the LSD axles. Forget which side had the longer OEM axle cup, got it written down somewhere. Should be installing the rear subframe and diff this weekend.

Thanks I went back a few pages and confirmed.

The axle assemblies are from an OEM VC rear diff - the 'short' stub is the one catching people out, it will slot into a mechanical LSD, but it won't click into place.

The axle assemblies are from an OEM VC rear diff - the 'short' stub is the one catching people out, it will slot into a mechanical LSD, but it won't click into place.

Who are you? I know you don't need an operational DSM to post in these forums, but I thought you retired :p

I might be retired but I still have (a piece of) my mind :)

Just curious, seeing as how this is the Evo3 diff discussion, but for you folks that have it installed with some miles on a stock Evo3 LSD, how bad is your slow speed, tight turn, inner wheel hop/skipping? I talked to a couple folks who said it could be pretty intense. Just moving my car around the shops parking lot, It was skipping and hopping the rear pretty rough. Hoping it doesn't behave the same on track this weekend.

Just curious, seeing as how this is the Evo3 diff discussion, but for you folks that have it installed with some miles on a stock Evo3 LSD, how bad is your slow speed, tight turn, inner wheel hop/skipping?
I have EVO8 innards in my rear diff and it drives like stock in low speed tight turns.

I do think something is very wrong in that diff. Change out the fluid for something else that's known to work, it's one step you can eliminate. I do think that it's going to pack itself in like mine did if you don't address it. Usage made mine worse, not better. If it is still on break-in, try doing figure 8s for a few minutes - does it get any better?

I do think something is very wrong in that diff. Change out the fluid for something else that's known to work, it's one step you can eliminate. I do think that it's going to pack itself in like mine did if you don't address it. Usage made mine worse, not better. If it is still on break-in, try doing figure 8s for a few minutes - does it get any better?

I'm using DiaQueen gear oil. That's what TRE and most other people recommend. Haven't really had a chance to do figure 8's. It's a track only car so I'll have to wait till I'm at the track this Saturday to go in the paddock and do a few. Only place I have enough room.

It should not be doing that. I think something's wrong.
I'm gonna do some figure 8's when I get to the track Saturday morning. Hopefully it improves. We're going to turn some laps with it and see how it does. If it's not right or unsafe, we'll pack up and try to fix it before the next event at Pocono at the end of the month .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back