Mspec
Probationary Member
- 1
- 0
- Oct 12, 2025
-
Østbirk,
Europe
Hello,
My Lancer Evo 2 spun a rod bearing, I am now rebuilding my engine and need some advice.
- What have been bought so far
Block bored to 85.5mm and decked
Wiseco 1400HD pistons
ZRP I-beam rods with 3/8 ARP bolts
Manley 190100 crank
New OEM oil pump
Kiggly balance shaft delete
Kiggly 12-1 trigger
ARP main studs
ARP Customage 625+ head studs
Supertech black nitrided valves
GSC 1003 Valve keepers
GSC valve seals.
Are the Kelford 272, enough or to harsh? And I can’t figure out between GSC5040 or 5041 valve springs. What is the downside to higher seat pressure?
What I can’t figure out is the cams and springs.
I am looking to make 400-500whp, it is a weekend car, so not a daily. But not a race car either.
It will run on RON100 octane / 96 AKI octane
My Lancer Evo 2 spun a rod bearing, I am now rebuilding my engine and need some advice.
- What have been bought so far
Block bored to 85.5mm and decked
Wiseco 1400HD pistons
ZRP I-beam rods with 3/8 ARP bolts
Manley 190100 crank
New OEM oil pump
Kiggly balance shaft delete
Kiggly 12-1 trigger
ARP main studs
ARP Customage 625+ head studs
Supertech black nitrided valves
GSC 1003 Valve keepers
GSC valve seals.
Are the Kelford 272, enough or to harsh? And I can’t figure out between GSC5040 or 5041 valve springs. What is the downside to higher seat pressure?
What I can’t figure out is the cams and springs.
I am looking to make 400-500whp, it is a weekend car, so not a daily. But not a race car either.
It will run on RON100 octane / 96 AKI octane