The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

engine build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattspyder

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2004
del taco, Wisconsin
I just wanted to check and see if this was a good price I paid for my engine rebuild.

6bolt core bored .20 with balance shafts removed
arp head studs
arias pistons
eagle H-Beam connecting rods
Clevitte 77 rod bearings
Clevitte 77 Main Bearings
Arp rod studs
Arp Main studs
balance shaft eliminator kit
Fidanza 8lb flywheel
act 2100 w/ street disc
Mitsubishi 18g turbo
780cc injectors
1g head swap
oem 02 bank 1

all this for a grand total of 4,554.07
that is with labor.

did I get ripped off???

That sounds like a hell of a deal if you aren't doing any of the wrench work yourself. From the quotes that I heard from the shop, it was an 8 - 16 hour job for what you are doing so about $600 - $1200 on labor. Then the actual parts of the engine -

6bolt core bored .20 with balance shafts removed
arp head studs
arias pistons
eagle H-Beam connecting rods
Clevitte 77 rod bearings
Clevitte 77 Main Bearings
Arp rod studs
Arp Main studs
balance shaft eliminator kit
Fidanza 8lb flywheel
act 2100 w/ street disc
Mitsubishi 18g turbo
780cc injectors
1g head swap
oem 02 bank 1

that looks like a pretty good deal. Better than the one I got but I have an auto and needed a kiggly kit and an IPT torque converter rebuild. I decided to keep the 2g head to though and I had standard internals except for my headgasket and studs along with the balance shaft eliminator kit.

d

well its a long story about the labor part.
the shop put it all together the first time and I drove it home and the alternator went out. So I put a new one in and the car wouldnt start. turns out a bolt from the cam gears fell down in my timing belt case and bound up the oil pump. messing up the bearings and one piston.

So now the shop agreed to pay for all new parts. (pistons, rings, gaskets, bearings,) and I would pay for the machine shop fee, which is only like 100.00

But the shop went out of business and hes in the prosess of trying to get a new shop
Now im looking at doing the work myself.
I would like for him to put the new engine all together and me just drop it in.

Wow, bad luck on the shop. My wife was driving mine back from WI and it broke down at the IL border. I was lucky enough to be able to get it to AMSPerformance.com in west chicago and they are doing a top notch job. (about 60 miles from you) If you have any problems, I recommend them (thus far) still waiting for the final product and doing a review of the shop.

d

Im very iffy about going back to this guy. He has been nothing but a pain the in A$$ to me. He lies to me and doesnt come through on his promises. He is very lucky I dont sue him.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back