The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ENGINE BLEW= Engine BUILD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hey i need to know some things for my build guys

Things i was thinking that i would need and i need your input on if i need something added taken off your guys .02 with machine shops

i was getting

head resurfaced
block bored with molly finish
crank balanced and turned

let me know what else i need im getting new rods and pistons

I would make sure that the shop is using a torque plate when they do the boring because if they dont, there is a good possibility that it will warp the cylinders. Other then that, i wish you goodluck on the build :hellyeah:

hey need some help with the crank and rod bearings im going with acl race bearings whats with the 0.001 for extra oil clearance is this something to get or does it create more problems then it helps? thanks guys

hey need some help with the crank and rod bearings im going with acl race bearings whats with the 0.001 for extra oil clearance is this something to get or does it create more problems then it helps? thanks guys

I think the name says it all "race bearings". Careful machine work and special attention to the thrust bearing is really the key. ARPs all around is great insurance, but really careful machine work is the key. A turned crank is good for 400-450 hp no problem. BEK and oil port mod and your good to go, if you have'nt done that already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back