The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

KSport Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
I just ordered a set of the K-Sport Kontrol Pro coilovers for my 1G AWD.

I'm somewhat of a newbie on the various settings available on these and I'm looking for someone who has them set with something similar to what I'm looking for. In other words, where should I start for settings? Are there notches/marks that suggest particular response?

I'm looking for fairly aggressive settings with a 2"-1.5" drop.

The current suspension is the original with 220k miles, so the change will be pretty significant. At the same time I will be replacing all subframe/suspension bushings with urethane. I will be getting an alignment done as soon as they are installed.

just adjust it until you like it not to what everybody else has

thats what i did with my gst and i promise not every body is the same when it comes to what they like

Well I believe hes looking for a general place to start instead of taking them on and off dozens of times. I have a 2g so the weight is probably different. I set the springs all the way loose then tightened them up about 4-5 turns. The bottom I then put 2" away from the spring. This gave me about a 1.25 drop. The back I made slightly higher giving me a raked look and hopefully will keep the distribution up front since I have a FWD car. Goodluck with them

When you actually get them, they should come with instructions that tell you where to start from; 2 full turns soft from full stiff if I remember correctly. From there you mess around with it until it rides the way you like. Keep in mind that whatever you set them at, they will be pretty stiff compared to the stock setup. Measure the ride height and the stock struts before you change them out if you're looking for a specific drop. I don't even know how my current height compares to stock, but I just wanted to go as low as possible without rubbing.

I'm not sure where I would want to set the ride comfort adjuster, it goes from shitty to worse depending on what posiiton. You can also select between under damped low speed rebound and massively overdamped high speed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back