The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ksport coilovers, whos running them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmdeliveryboy

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Well I was previously looking at getting some Ground Controls for my car but came across a killer deal for some Ksport coilovers and I want to know if anyone is using them on their 1G AWD? The car is my DD but will be used for Autox and Canyon driving.

Well I was previously looking at getting some Ground Controls for my car but came across a killer deal for some Ksport coilovers and I want to know if anyone is using them on their 1G AWD? The car is my DD but will be used for Autox and Canyon driving.

You should do a search. There are a lot of posts out there about Ksports on a 1g. I had Ksports on my 1g FWD for a year and loved them and will buy a set for my AWD race car as well.

I tried doing a search, didn't really come up with what I was looking for. I'm not retarded, I know how the forums work you don't need to tell me to search.

Well, what ARE you looking for? There are a ton of K-sport threads...good and bad.

I wanna see the bad about them and I wanna see the good, I wanna see what I could do to make improvements to benefit from the flaws of them. Also if I'll need to change the spring rates etc.

I have K-Sports on my B15 sentra, I love them. No issues at all. I know that its far from a DSM but the customer service and quality is great!

Quality is really a big concern to me too, I had JIC's on my old Evo and paid over $2k for them and my buddy had the same model on his WRX and he took a corner a little hot one day on his way to work and the rear bracket snapped and the whole tire went up in the wheel well and messed stuff up in the back a little.. Scarred both of us, so JIC replaced both our brackets free. Would like to avoid that happening again.. Lol

So I've been reading up on them and some people say they're really stiff and ride like shit and some people say they ride nice and have great cornering so its kind of mixed..

If there set up right, and you have no suspension issues, you shouldn't have any problems. Yes, they are very stiff. But it handles great.

If there set up right, and you have no suspension issues, you shouldn't have any problems. Yes, they are very stiff. But it handles great.

What is the proper way to "set them up"? No being a dick just being a noob:coy:.

When ever any vehicle is lowered with anything less than the best $3k setup its almost safe to say that the ride will be stiffer than stock:cool:

What is the proper way to "set them up"? No being a dick just being a noob:coy:.

When ever any vehicle is lowered with anything less than the best $3k setup its almost safe to say that the ride will be stiffer than stock:cool:

Ya I'd like to know the same thing, what will make ksports last and perform the best?

As for setup, you DO NOT want any preload on the springs. K-sport states up to 3/4 of a turn of preload if there are noise issues. Make sure that after you install them and adjust the height, that you re-check everything. Sometimes the springs will sag a few mm, nothing major. For making them last. I have the v2 (fixed seal issues in v1). I daily them about 75-85miles a day. The front are at 18, the rears are at 22. No issues.

As for setup, you DO NOT want any preload on the springs. K-sport states up to 3/4 of a turn of preload if there are noise issues. Make sure that after you install them and adjust the height, that you re-check everything. Sometimes the springs will sag a few mm, nothing major. For making them last. I have the v2 (fixed seal issues in v1). I daily them about 75-85miles a day. The front are at 18, the rears are at 22. No issues.

Wow that is pretty soft, do you get any body roll? I'll also be installing front and rear strut tower bars.

I don't know where you thought soft. My car has next to zero roll. Slam on the brakes, no dive. Launch it no lift. With the B15's solid rear axle, it will lift the inside wheel when pulling into inclined driveways. Basically it handles like its on rails. I added a Nismo RSB thats 25mm dia, no difference at all, thats how stiff they are. At least on a B15 sentra.

I have them on my 1g, i drag race though. They are ok, I would buy them again.

I don't know where you thought soft. My car has next to zero roll. Slam on the brakes, no dive. Launch it no lift. With the B15's solid rear axle, it will lift the inside wheel when pulling into inclined driveways. Basically it handles like its on rails. I added a Nismo RSB thats 25mm dia, no difference at all, thats how stiff they are. At least on a B15 sentra.

Maybe I was thinking of opposite dampening LOL
I don't mind the stiffness, anything is better than how my suspension is right now. I'm not easily bothered by little things, you have to pay to play. Took me forever to get used to the whining of my fuel pump though.. :hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back