The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Kiggly Racing stops out @ Force Engineering for some dyno time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viperlp01

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2006
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Kevin came out for some dyno time today and I figured some of you would like to see it make a pull :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ5nEocdAc]Kiggly stopped out for some rips - YouTube[/ame]

Ended at 660hp. Auto and converter sucks the power number up.

2200 lbs if I remember correctly.

The dyno is a tuning tool.. Kevin estimated it would go 170ish at this power level.. My car made 509,weights 2850, and traps 145.. Using that as a reference Kevin's car makes alot of of power!

That car has always been awesome. I guess I should be up there with him this year. I just made 678hp on my fwd auto yesterday LOL I'm sure he got plenty weight less then mine though. Last I weighed it was 2500 with a 1/2 tank

That car has always been awesome. I guess I should be up there with him this year. I just made 678hp on my fwd auto yesterday LOL I'm sure he got plenty weight less then mine though. Last I weighed it was 2500 with a 1/2 tank

That is also a very unfair estimation. It is known that our dyno reads low and it all depends on the converter. But good luck

That is also a very unfair estimation. It is known that our dyno reads low and it all depends on the converter. But good luck

Trust me it was all for humor. I've been doing this for too long to think I can make a dyno run and jump out and run with a car known for being one of the fastest. And seeing how this was on a stock converter I take the power comparison with a grain of salt. But off topic, once again I can't wait to see him back at it again.:thumb:

Dang! I thought he was putting down more than that with all the fancy stuffs he got going on. I was imagining that he was laying down 750-800hp through the auto and loose converter but I guess I am wrong. I lost over 100hp with a stock restalled converter and going to automatic. I did not expect that much lost from Kiggly. I thought he was putting down rediculous power to run his time and speed because he had some sort of secret tricks. I guess 660hp, a good driver, light weight, good tuning, good parts combination, and good knowledge are what you need to run record breaking time.

Well at 660hp, got him to 137mph to the 8th..

Take all the numbers with a grain of salt, the dyno is a tool to get A-B results and nothing more. It ran 137.6mph to the 1/8th on this same boost with a very slippery track. This was a new best 1/8th mph (previous was 136.9mph) and it would have been closer to 140mph on a better track. Based on teh speed trace after it was hooked up and comparing to other passes, I'd guess it would have been about 172mph on a full pass. The local dynojet from a few years ago said 784whp when the car was 80lbs lighter and was running 133-134mph at the 1/8th in generally better track conditions. Draw whatever conclusions you like from that for numbers on whatever dyno you want to compare against.

We ended up having some issues on the next pass and it was over just before the 1/8th, but going 3mph faster at the same distance at about 48-49psi instead of the 44psi. Backpressure was still way below boost on this pass, so we have plenty of power to go still when things are back up and running. The turbo should still be very happy at 60psi.

Kevin

Sick, most people seem to forget its a mustang dyno, whocares if it makes 660! the track #s is what counts. I made high 700s on a dynojet with an auto id be happy with 10mph less then you in the 1/8th LOL.

600 hp on a mustang dyno is A LOT! I got to get my first taste of what a 600+ hp mustang dyno proven awd really felt like at this years shootout in Norwalk. The car made over 600 to all four wheels on Buschur's dyno. All I can say is WOW! OMGOMG:hellyeah::D The thing will blur your vision!

Here is the car I am referring to. Cleanest, most powerful, low mileage, badass, and completely meticulous evo I have ever had the opportunity to be around.

Buschur Racing equipped '06 EVO with 189 miles! - evolutionm.net

We have only had 2 cars over 600whp on our dyno since we have had it. Maybe 5 cars over 500 and quite a few above 400whp. I think Kiggly had a great time tuning the car on the dyno as it simulates real road conditions and is very repeatable.

Take all the numbers with a grain of salt, the dyno is a tool to get A-B results and nothing more. It ran 137.6mph to the 1/8th on this same boost with a very slippery track. This was a new best 1/8th mph (previous was 136.9mph) and it would have been closer to 140mph on a better track. Based on teh speed trace after it was hooked up and comparing to other passes, I'd guess it would have been about 172mph on a full pass. The local dynojet from a few years ago said 784whp when the car was 80lbs lighter and was running 133-134mph at the 1/8th in generally better track conditions. Draw whatever conclusions you like from that for numbers on whatever dyno you want to compare against.

We ended up having some issues on the next pass and it was over just before the 1/8th, but going 3mph faster at the same distance at about 48-49psi instead of the 44psi. Backpressure was still way below boost on this pass, so we have plenty of power to go still when things are back up and running. The turbo should still be very happy at 60psi.

Kevin

What turbo is it exactly that you upgraded to and whats the hot side setup like for turbine housing and oulet pipe size?? That's pretty good to get the backpressure under boost pressure at these levels and the amount of power you are laying down.

After the last track outing you changing the engine setup of sticking with the combo you have?

What turbo is it exactly that you upgraded to and whats the hot side setup like for turbine housing and oulet pipe size?? That's pretty good to get the backpressure under boost pressure at these levels and the amount of power you are laying down.

After the last track outing you changing the engine setup of sticking with the combo you have?

I had similar results on Friday.. Boost > Drive :thumb: Though not running as much boost, and I'm on a smaller turbo.

Pretty sweet numbers. Just makes me say woulda/coulda/shoulda with John's compound talon though :-/ :cry:

Good numbers and amazing setup. not as impressive anymore as the good ole days, considering hondas have the lead in the FWD world now. :( kiggly. put 26",remove the wheelie bar and get that record back! :p

sincerely #1 fan

This might get into another Dyno debate but I will share what I see locally. There are three Mustang dyno centers that I know of locally. Guys been to these Mustang dyno shops and been to my friend's Dynojet shops. I have not seen results more than 15hp differences between my friend Dynojet and these three Mustang shops. I don't get it at all but what is going on with Mustang Dyno reading big differences from shop to shops else where.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back