The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

K-Sport GT Lowering Springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gst_spyder

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
I'm looking into getting a set of FWD springs to swap out with the AWD springs that I have on my car.

Has anyone used the K-Sport GT springs?

How was the ride?

How low did it actually lower the car?

Any rear sagging?

Thanks!!!

Sorry I don't know anything about those K-sports. But, may I ask why are you moving to FWD springs? Unless you get the H&R Race springs, in which I believe you're guaranteed to get significantly stiffer rates FWD or AWD, you might appreciate the inherently stiffer rates used in most manufacturers AWD-specific products.

Why not stick with a proven suspension manufacturer such as Eibach or H&R?

K-Sport is a very proven company... I have no idea where you got that from.

I have run K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers on my B15 sentra for over 4 years, and love them.

As for why, I have a very strong feeling that these Tokico AWD springs are very stiff. To stiff for a Spyder.

When I drive on the interstate, my car feels very unstable. When I hit bumps the car jolts instead of having the suspension compress like it should. Over "Graceful" dips that would make a car lower for a sec, mine stays at its normal ride height.

Here's the point that makes me think I need FWD springs.

I had about an extra 250lbs of parts in the rear seat and trunk with the top down. So all this extra weight was on the rear end. It lowered the rear to match the front and the car drove 100% BETTER.

No more jolting over bumps, half the body roll in hard corners, overall smoother ride.

Last is that my car is about an inch to an inch and a quarter taller in the rear than an AWD with the same exact setup. Fronts about an half inch higher.

Hope this helps explain.

Chris

Plenty clear.:thumb:
I guess I just assumed that the roof assembly would add enough weight in the rear. Sounds like you've given it some careful thought - more power to you.

p.s. Let me know when you're ready to dump those tokico springs, would like the opportunity to experiment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back