The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Installing rear balance shaft bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rare1

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2007
Hamersville, Ohio
What should I use to install my rear balance shaft bearingI turned the weight off of the rear shaft and knocked out the bearing in preparation to install the new one and I don't know what I should use that won't put a ridge on the bearing when installing it.I read about a bearing driver,but will that put a ridge on the bearing?

Only keeping rear shaft.Deleting front.

You might want to turn that counterweight off of the shaft in a lathe if you plan to keep the rear shaft in there.

Yes, a bearing driver will work just fine. It's what we used on my engine build. We bolted a driver on the end of a DSM camshaft and tapped it in that way. Worked like a charm.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Counterweight is cut off,my buddy works at a machine shop.So it won't leave a ridge?I hope not.I guess I'll try it.Thanks

It didn't leave any ridge for me. My buddy Dan (Project_tsi) brought over a driver set that had like 6-8 different diameters. We found the one that fit the BS bearing perfectly and it went in without any problems. IIRC, it didn't take much force to get it in there.

Sorry, I completely missed that part of your first post where you mentioned it was already turned down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back