The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Rear balance shaft bearing came loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So you got FREE BS bearings? Put them on the shelf for later!
When I rebuilt the block, I had the machine shop install new ones I ordered from extremepsi. Since the rear got mangled, there will be no bearing in there. For the front, I just flipped them.

Got everything back together and here’s my take. It’s still on jack stands without tightening up the d/s mount to frame.

-Vibration increase seems minimal at idle.
-I do feel a bit more reving but still not too bad.
-Throttle response and revs seems quicker.

All in all, it’s not terrible.

That’s how my k24 Civic was with the poly mounts and it got really old on a daily driver.
Yeah. I can see that especially as a daily. I’ll have to keep driving it. Hopefully Ill forget all about it LOL.
Side note. I’ve been lurking everywhere for a decent ek hatch shell for a k swap. That is 100% my next build.
Was yours turbo or na?

It was supercharged. Fun car but admittedly it was modded too much for a daily. My wife hated it! LOL

Glad you got your car back going. Hope you get used to the extra vibrations easy. How’s the oil pressure looking?
Lol. Not good man. Had it on the money before the BSE. Now it’s almost 60psi at 3k rpms but perfect at idle. From 3k and up, it seems to raise slow. Most likely have to port the ofh a bit more. Just don’t want to remove too much.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back