The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Injector "fell asleep"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B00st LEE

Probationary Member
Dec 2, 2008
Charlotte, North_Carolina
hey wats up fellow dsmers
Just bought my 2nd dsm 1g 93 talon tsi
the first night out with the car, boosting well over 15 pounds
mods are evo 3 16g, wally 255, full exhaust, stock injectors.
Long story short car started over heating and dropped a cylinder (number 1).
Tons of white smoke coming out of exhaust while it was hot.
I shut it down for a while and limped it home on 3 cylinders.
Popped open the rad cap and nothing but steam. Threw some water in.
Woke up this morning started it up and it was still running on 3. All cylinders getting spark. I started plugging the boots off the plug while car was running. Started pulling injectors and rpms did not change when i unplug number 1.
My question is, is it possible that the injector failed then caused me to overheat, and if so what steps should i take for this repair. (head gasket). Or should i change that injector and see what happens. Any info would be a great help thanks.

White smoke = coolant. You probably lifted the head gasket, it overheated, and now your head may be warped. You need to pull the head and have it pressure checked and flatness tested. Time to start budgeting for a full rebuild since you might as well change the belts and pumps while the heads off.

Thanks for the input guys. Will keep you updated on the progress of the build. As for now the plans are to pull the head off new 3 layers mtsu head gasket. Machine the head, hot tank and port. Slap it back togather and hope for the best.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back