The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G I'm stuck between two amazing choices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf alchemy

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2014
kouts, Indiana
No answers that involve get both. Only have the money for one or the other.
So recently I contacted a tuner called my1gdsmtuner.com and I already have a ecu set up for my car at 320.50$ With it I can install a evo maf and get rid of the giant(in my opinion)piece of trash that's the 1g maf. Or I was looking at the VRSF 1G DSM front mount intercooler kit which will cost me 364.99

Check your spelling man c'mon. It is hard to take someone serious when their words are mispelled every other sentence. It shows that the person posting just really doesn't seem to care about nothing.

Check your spelling man c'mon. It is hard to take someone serious when their words are mispelled every other sentence. It shows that the person posting just really doesn't seem to care about nothing.

I'm sorry that I trust my phone too much to help me out. Plus the only times im on here is after work before bed. (Exhausted) and right when I wake up (feel like shit and still exhausted). This is my first check paying job in my entire life and its a lot more work than I thought it would be.[DOUBLEPOST=1413123080][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I think its mostly the small words. The big ones are usually the correct one. Almost put fell instead of feel. >D<

What drives me nuts about this thread is the OP has an answer to everything anyone suggests. If he knows everything and already has his mind made up then why bother starting a thread in the first place?

What drives me nuts about this thread is the OP has an answer to everything anyone suggests. If he knows everything and already has his mind made up then why bother starting a thread in the first place?

There's a perfectly good answer for that. (IMO) I really haven't done any aftermarket upgrading and being that I love this car and want it to go for miles. Even if I do have come to a conclusion I feel without a doubt is correct. If I feel slightly nervous about it I want to know if there are any repercussions that may happen or if I'm wrong. I know its sometimes a waste of peoples time and I do feel bad about bothering about simple things. If one thing breaks, other components suffer because of that fail that I caused. There fore I always double check myself through others who have more knowledge..... I honestly think my manager hates me because I do this to him often... Oh and I lost 3rd gear today, but it some how came back.

There's a perfectly good answer for that. (IMO) I really haven't done any aftermarket upgrading and being that I love this car and want it to go for miles. Even if I do have come to a conclusion I feel without a doubt is correct. If I feel slightly nervous about it I want to know if there are any repercussions that may happen or if I'm wrong. There fore I always double check myself through others who have more knowledge..... I honestly think my manager hates me because I do this to him often... Oh and I lost 3rd gear today, but it some how came back.

Wanting confirmation on something you think may or may not be right and telling people that you are right are not the same things. Asking a question and getting an answer only to tell that person that you already knew what they told you or that you have looked up something else on your own and are going to do something other than what they said is the kind of ignorant responses he was referring to. If you ask a question even if you think you know the right answer, absorb what you're told and thank the person for their help. If you disagree, or have otherwise found information contrary to what they've suggested and want to do that instead, by all means that is your right. Again though like we talked about privately, if you keep stepping on people's toes so to speak by continuing to insist that you know everything you're asking about and then come back the next day and ask a question like "does it matter how quickly I turn my ignition on or off" nobody is going to deal with you.

I'm happy that so many people have been giving you sh!t this week because I feel like you finally understand to some degree what is right and what is not in regards to your posting behavior. The way that you carry yourself in each post will affect the way the community will in turn treat you just like in the real world. If you are that annoying to your manager that gives you your paycheck every week in return for hard work to the point that you know he doesn't want to deal with you being a "know it all without knowing anything," how quickly do you think the guys here that are helping you for free out of the goodness of their heart will continue to help if you do the same thing to them? You now say that you haven't really done anything aftermarket but just this week you were telling us all about how you've done every single thing for the first few parts of the upgrade path. You come off like an ADD know it all that can't sit still for one whole thread and complete the original point of it.

I think your goal from now on should be to ask your question and then complete that task before letting yourself ask another. Jumping from your ECU to your engine to your turbo system to your _____ isn't going to get you anywhere. Focus on one single part of the car and do it right the first time otherwise, just like you said, you'll end up having one thing break and then it will affect other things. Your point was well stated, but your conclusion of needing to ask every question under the sun to "make sure" that it doesn't is incorrect. Pick one thing to do each day to your car and do the research, ask your questions, and then complete the physical work. Then go on to the next task. Thats how all of us build cars that have hardly any stock parts left, yet the car still runs just as good as it did from the factory until you open it up, then WATCH OUT!!!

I'm not a know it all. And the only reason I make retorts to someone's answer is to eliminate something I didn't think they covered or if I didn't quite understand their answer.[DOUBLEPOST=1413166860][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not a know it all. And the only reason I make retorts to someone's answer is to eliminate something I didn't think they covered or if I didn't quite understand their answer.

And exhaust upgrade, maf slight upgrade, MBC upgrade and a couple others in the first upgrade path are simple. A upgraded ecu is not. Nor is a fmic....been tempted to just make a post stated "indiana help" . To see I could find someone close to me to bother. I do the double check with any one I see at work. And none of them are annoyed by me. I think its just I don't really understand how my words on this site sound or seem.....I think I'll go bug dsmtalk.com for awhile after this thread dies.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back