The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

I'm stuck between a 2.0 and a 2.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 AWD

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2010
Joplin, Missouri
I have a 6 bolt motor I'm building and have been through 2 cranks first needed cut so I purchased another to get polished and checked. That didn't work out so great cause it spun a rod. So I'm to the point where i can dish out for an eagle crank. If I'm doing a Eagle crank I kinda wanna build a stroker. I've already purchased my pistons and rods #208478 85.50mm 8.5:1 but I believe I need stroker pistons due to wrist pin location and the displacement with the 100mm crank. Either I purchase a 88mm and just get the build done or take even more effin time build a 2.3 bring the block to the shop to get decked cleaned again and freeze plugs. I know I should do that anyways atleast freeze plugs. I'm torn and I've been pushing my budget but need to act fast I'm getting frustrated with and just wanna drive it. Does anyone have 2.3s they wanna share?

Yes you must get the assembly balanced. Quality pistons and rods are usually weight matched.
But they should be taken to the machine shop with the crank. If you really want to be balanced, you should also bring your crank pulley, flywheel and clutch. You would be surprised how many clutches are not true.
You should bring your block and have the bores measured. If you are ordering quality pistons the piston is properly machined to an over bore. But since the machining process can vary, machine want the pistons and then bore the block to get the proper clearance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back