The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G If You Had $3,000 To Spend On A Holset Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bo0st

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
If You Had $3,000 To Spend On A Holset Build How Would You Spend It & Why?

For the purpose of this thread lets say the only mod you currently have is Link V3.

You want a Holset + a FMIC + bigger injectors + anything else you see is necessary.

diy twin scroll hx40 manifold, super hx40, twin tubed single JGS 50mm wastegate, VRSF FMIC, 2.75-3" IC piping, synapse BOV, fic 1250cc inj, fuel lab AFPR and 3" turbo back, or just DP and connect to an ebay 3" catback, f1 racing stage 3 or ACT 2600...thats just off the top of my head, but pretty close to budget i think.

ive had great luck with the 5 ebay clutches ive run, but am aware a brand name is a better bet.

Totally not necessary. Keep in mind the $3000..
true, but with the stock springs being pounded on for years and the amount of power you can make is directly proportional to the seat pressure, I would defiantly recommend a set of springs. A set of kiggly street springs are $290, and a used set of 272 regrinds is $100, so thats pretty cheap power there.

I wouldn't use an XTD clutch, maybe like an act2900 or something instead.
Have you used either of those two clutches? I defiantly wouldn't recommend the 2900 for anything but a max effort car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back