The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Idle Speed Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SinisterRacingDSMJMC

Probationary Member
Dec 27, 2015
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Need help! My idle keeps bouncing from 2,000 and 1,000 sometimes it holds I'm pretty sure it's anot idle speed control sensor. Can anyone point me in a direction to where I can get one. Also, could it be possible that an exhaust leak could be throwing off the 02 sensor to throw off the idle I'm fixing the leak at the downpipe tomorrow to see if that's it. However, still think it's the sensor. Again can anyone point me in the right direction for an ISC sensor for a 1g 1990.

You can test your isc using a digital multimeter, there is write up on vfaq on how to do it. I would first start by looking for vacuum leaks, build yourself a boost leak tester and see if any air is entering or exiting after the maf.

That tests the the coils aren't shorted or open but doesn't test the the ISC works.
For that you need to pull the ISC and verify that it steps in and out when you power the ECU up. The ECU homes the ISC as part of the startup process.

Ok, here's a little more info. I started it up for the first time the other day after I replaced the oil pan. And as soon as I started it up.... it idled at 2k then bounced down to about 1.5 then back up to 2k and so on and so fourth. It held after I reved it up a couple times but it was idleing then around 2k and then went back to bouncing between 2k and 1.5 and 1k

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back