The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Idle Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmKhan

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2017
East Hartford, Connecticut
Look for some help
I did some maintenance on my 2G with a 1G motor I put new motor mounts I put new alternator power steering pump starter intake manifold gasket fuel injector O-rings fuel lab fuel filter, JM fab vacuum distribution I unplugged everything and plugged everything back start the car and it just revs up to 5000, my laptop is not connecting to the ecu and ideas??

What am I looking wither the cable?? And yes it connected to the laptop before I did the work... I read that I could be the Ignition control module Not sure
Make sure the cable isnt too tight. Physically check that the throttle is closed. You know how to do that?

I would have to take off the elbow to see if it’s closed

Or look at the cable where it attaches to the throttle body and make sure it's not pulling at all when nobody's foot is on the gas pedal. There should be slack in the cable before it starts to move the butterfly.

What am I looking wither the cable?? And yes it connected to the laptop before I did the work... I read that I could be the Ignition control module Not sure

It's probably not the ignition control module (better know as power transitor unit). When they have failed on me it's usually the opposite of what your experiencing and more of a low iradic idle and poor driveability or no starts. I would definitely check the cable slack as others have said. Also make sure your idle speed controller is plugged in all the way.

What's it saying when you try to connect?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Try a different port on the computer or check the USB Bus.

You're checking to see if the cable is pulling on the throttle body. There are two bolts that secure the cable to the intake manifold. Those are for adjusting cable tension. You can also just disconnect the cable from the tb and start it. If it idle fine, you know the problem is your cable adjustment. Was it idling fine before you did all the maintenance?

I'd put it back to where it was. I don't think that's causing your two issues. When I went through my car when I first got it back in October, the ground that runs along the harness over the tranny was completely off, and I drove it home 2 hours without an issue.

You're checking to see if the cable is pulling on the throttle body. There are two bolts that secure the cable to the intake manifold. Those are for adjusting cable tension. You can also just disconnect the cable from the tb and start it. If it idle fine, you know the problem is your cable adjustment. Was it idling fine before you did all the maintenance?
Yes car idle fine before I did the maintenance. I plug back the idle speed control.. hooked up my laptop connected to the ecu Disconnect try to reconnect still won’t connect putting the ground wire back and see what happens

He needs to set a Com port on the laptop.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back