The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

idle problem with revs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
When ever I try to hold my rpms at 2k or 2.5k it will bounce up and down it will not stay there. It either want to keep going up or will bounce up and down. Is this a sensor or what?It only does it in neutral or when the clutch is in. I have a 95tsi awd.

Can someone help me out. I need to know asap to pass emessions.

steve said:
You might want to do some research on idle surge. Sounds like you have a case of it.

When I idle its fine. It only does it when I rev the engine and try to keep it at a certain rpm.

Still your getting a surge. Search Idle Surge and you will find what you need. There are like 10 different things that cause that. Dirty throttlebody, to tight of throttle cable, bad ics, bad tps, ect. Just search.

The ECU won't surge if the Idle Position Switch is open like it should be whenever your touching the throttle. Since you have a 2G that would imply that your TPS is misadjusted. Have you touched it?

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back