The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Identifying coils - '99 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smills1840

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 8, 2011
Blacksburg, Virginia
Long story short, I relocated my coil packs. It took me a while to complete the project, so when I removed the coils from the bracket I lost track of which one went where. I now need to know how to identify which coil pack operates cylinders 1 and 4, and which one operates cylinders 2 and 3.

Assume the car is factory from 1999. Stock long block, stock coil packs, stock CAS, stock everything.

My bad, I should have been more clear. I know the correct firing order, but I don't know which coil is which. I removed the coils from the bracket, modified the bracket, and waited about a month before reinstalling the coils onto the bracket. Since the coils have no markings to identify which one operates 1 and 4, and which one operates 2 and 3, I currently have no way of knowing where they were originally.

I think I found what I'm looking for in a COP wiring thread. It shows the 1-4 coil has a solid blue wire, while the 2-3 coil has a blue with black stripe. I'll check tomorrow and report back. Thanks!

Hold on a sec I can look at one of mine.
Actually the coils themselves are both the same so it shouldn't even matter. On mine the right coil has a red and bluish/black stripe wire and the left is red and I think just blue wire. So that's right with what you said ;)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back